Anyone want to join the Let's lose some fluff club?

Andrea

Awhile back we had a Getting Smaller club for those of us who needed to shed a few pounds of fluff. I have been a life long chub with some recenty yo-yoing and I have polycystic ovary syndrome which adds to the problem b/c it makes you mroe resistant to weight loss.

I had my gallbladder out, my surgeon said I need to go on a medically supervised diet or consider the gastric bypass, so here I am week 3 of drinking my 5 shakes a day, going weekly to the dr, and started back at the gym!!!!

Who wants to join me on a diet? We can share tips, whine, celebrate losses with weigh-ins on Friday, and support each other on a quest for better health.

When I lose 50lbs, my parents and hubby are going to get me a Louis Voutton bag. I have wanted one forever.:)

I'm with you Andrea. Every since I say Maryanne's pictures from our luncheon, I realized I was a tummy being followed by a person. I didn't like it - not even a little bit.

I have since lost 9 pounds, and want to lose 21 more. I will look better and have to buy all new clothes - oh dear me.

How you asked - I just stopped pigging out. I was out for dinner last night and I ordered the appetizer coconut shrimp and an order of green beans. BTW JB, I only had one Bicardi and tonic - not two.

So hopefully, in the picture from the Sept lunch you will see my tummy at the same time you see the rest of me.

Good luck Andrea, I think losing weight can be more difficult than stopping smoking, but a Louis Vitton bag - worth the effort.

YOu want to talk about losing weight...Take a look at my chubby little cherub face in that luncheon picture Ginny....I would like to try to do something, you would think that between walking whenever I play golf, 60 minutes of hockey tuesday nights, and the countless miles walked cutting the lawn that I would weigh a heck of a lot less. Once winter rolls around I'm back in the basement on the treadmill and lifting. People tell me that if I REALLY wanted to lose wieght that I should lay off the beer....I'm going to show them...lol

I'm in. I have been trying to be good and I've lost about 7 lbs. now I would be happy to lose 7 more. JB-- switch to the low carb beers-- Bud Select and Rolling Rock's Green Light are good. Mic Ultra tastes like crap.

Hey Andrea I am also a life long chub with polycystic ovaries. I am actually scheduled for a sleep study on Monday and have 4 appts to be approved to see the surgeon for the Lap Band. I am sooooooo excited that I will finally have a tool to help me achieve my weight loss. Best of luck

Hi, everybody.

I'd like to lose some weight myself, but unfortunately my current tubbiness (moon face and barrel belly) are Prednisone-induced and so until I can start dropping my dosage again, I'm kind of stuck even though I'm eating healthy. :(

BUT, a reminder to all that we have the Healthy Living Recipes forum where you'll find some really good, really healthy, really low-fat, low-sugar, etc. recipes.

Affectionately,

Carole (Healthy Living Recipe Moderator :D)

In 1960, Americans spent 17.5 percent of their income on food and 5.2 percent on health care. Today, they spend 9.9 percent on food and 16 percent on health care.

For those who want to join the weekly weigh in, I am annoyed, only down 2.6 this week and that is with 500 calories a day and going to the gym 5 times doing classes at 24 hour fitness. OY OY OY. I guess it will eventually come off!!! I am down 18.8 though in 3 weeks so I can't complain yet. I can complain only when it totally stops I guess :)

I think that I will join you also... I need to lose some of this "baby weight" that I have been carrying around... It was great while I was nursing when I lost all of it, but then, alas, once I stoped i gained some back. I need to get back on a good track with eating too.... way too much fast-food. I guess I need to get a scale.. as I am not sure of my current weight at the moment.. but I have a general idea.

Andrea,

Almost 19 lbs in 3 wks. That's awesome. I give you credit though. I'd have a hard time doing only shakes.

I'd like to lose some weight too. The few new clothes I bought myself when I lost fifteen lbs last year are too tight now. I worked so hard with WW online, counting every point every day for months. Since my dx, I put it all back on. What's discouraging me now is how slow I remember it was--just a half a pound a week most of the time. If I lost a whole pound, I was estatic. But it finally added up. I've been trying, sort of. That means I usually eat healthy but when I'm trying I increase proportion of fruits and veggies and cut back on carbs and other sweets. I know I have to get really strict to lose and I hate it.

I'm in, Judy in Key West

Had a late healthy breakfast, a late healthy lunch and skipped dinner. Had two pieces of canday, a 100 calorie crunchy snack something or other, and a condiment (little) dish of ice cream + glass and a half of wine. So much for the skipped dinner. Guess I start tomorrow too.

Judy in Key West

• 3 weeks later...

How is everyone doing? Any weight losses? I am down 29.6 in 6 weeks. Yay!

I miss food though. Even brocoli and carrots sound good!!!! 6 weeks left and t hen I move on to regular food.

Anyone have Wii Fit? I am thinking about getting it.

Oh Andrea, bless you. Can't imagine the sacrafice you are making but a whopping 30 lb (you round up if the number after the decimal is .5 or above LOL) in 6 wks. You go girl!

I have not lost a pound and won't if I don't start getting serious about it.

Judy in Key West

Andrea-

If you get the WII Fit, let me know. I almost bought it but after reading reviews about it, I wasn't so sure - it has mixed reviews on whether its just alot of 'fluff' and not serious enough.

Btw, I recently lost 9 pounds and have to share my latest neurotic behavior. I had been trying to eat right but then went to NY on business for 5 days so of course stuffed myself with as much REAL seafood and Italian food as I could- calzones, pizza, you name it!! So when I get home, I was surprised to see that I didn't gain anything and then the next week lost 3 pounds.

So, me being me, instead of thinking of the salads I'm eating now and how I was more active recently, I am completely panicked that I'm losing weight and convinced the cancer is back. In the month before I went to surgery, I had started dropping weight no matter what I ate, it was the scariest thing ever. I guess I had forgotten that. So last week, I start drinking thick shakes and eating everything in sight like a madwoman to test my theory and within a week I gained 6 of the pounds back. :shock: So good news is, I don't think the cancer is back - bad news, the fat IS.

Apparently, I'll keep losing the same weight and gaining it back if I can't keep it together! :roll:

Andrea,

Down six pounds in two weeks. The first week showed some GAIN, but I've lost a pound a day for the last few days and am catching up. Hoping to have a new wardrobe by Christmas - six pounds is hard to actually see in the mirror, but the sleeves of my shirts are fitting looser and there are a few other areas it's obvious in my clothes. Yay!

Keep going girl, you've reached that wonderful halfway point! I'm working on 50, as well, just a month behind you.

Take care!

(Yep, the shakes get old, after all, EVERYONE knows that the only way to drink a chocolate shake is with a cheeseburger and fries!)

have to share my latest neurotic behavior

O.k. Debi, so I'll share mine. In April 2007 I was tired of my chubby and wanted to look good in my bathingsuit for my annual pj reunion with my girlfriends from grade school and high school. I got on the weight watchers online program and had dropped about 12 pounds by the reunion. It was slow going but I figured not bad considering I was trying to lose within that last 15 pound range to a good weight. Well I came back from that weekend sick and a couple of weeks later found out I had cancer. I dropped a few more pounds through the diagnostic process and in the past 10 months managed to put back on all 15 pounds I had lost.

Now I really want to lose 10 pounds of it again so the new clothes I bought fit and because I remember how great I felt. But I have this nagging superstition that someone put in my head that my body keeps hoarding this 15 lbs of fat because it needs it to fight the cancer still lurking. The cancer showed itself the first time after I worked SOOOO HARD for five months to lose 12 lbs! I've been NED for five months on Avastin maintenance and they tell me they are concerned about a micrometastisis (sp?). Somebody please tell me it won't happen because I lose 10 lbs again.

Judy in Key West

Awesome job Snowflake! This dieting is no fun and really better for the birds.

Judy--losing the 10 won't effect the cancer :):) But if it makes you feel better to keep it, 10 is really not much at all. You can do what I did when I gained weight, buy the same stuff in just a bigger size :):):)

Debi I m cracking up, I actually did something similar 2 years ago. I guess the meds for infertility helped speed up my metabolism and I ate bad and I did not gain weight and i got really worried and kept eating to make sure I could gain weight. My parents thought I was literally insane b/c I was heavy and a few pounds to lose was good. hahahaha.

For those dieting, keep it up. For those not, please eat a cookie for me. Yum!!!!

Judy,

The cancer didn't just spring up when you were working on losing the weight, it had been there for a while. Maybe being more healthy made an oddity a bit easier to "spot" with symptoms?

It's your call, either way. I gained all of my weight about 18 months after radiation ended, packed on 50 pounds in six months. It's nice to see the scale running in the other direction, believe me. What is amazing the people monitoring me is that I've not only held weight, but GAINED some the first week! Yay, lucky me, my body LIKES the fat...go figure...

...and by the way, for the record, it's far more expensive to eat to lose weight than to stay chubby! Fresh fruits and veggies and good cuts of meat...sheesh! Cheaper to hit the drive-thru every night!