I am Shellit74's Mom

MaggieC

Hi Everyone...

This is actually Shelli, Mom was thinking of coming on and joining us, so I made her an account.. she is still very much in the grieving process, but is looking to get it out... It may take some time, but i think that if she know that there are others out there in her same situation, she may come around.

oh, and if you havent guessed, Mom's name is Maggie.

please send her words of encouragement as this may help out lots!

Shelli

Hi Maggie-

First, let me express my condolensces to you in the loss of your husband.

Secondly, I hope you will come here often and talk. This is a really great place for lots of support and information and comfort. We will be here for you to let you vent, answer questions, whatever you need!!

Thirdly, we would really like to get to know you. Of course, Shell may have to start behaving more if mom is on the site!! :lol::lol::lol: But we love her and would LOVE to get to know you better!!

Hugs - Patti B.

Hi Maggie join us when ever you need anything at all. we are always around for most part!!! :wink: THoughts and Prayers for some sunshine for Ya!!

Welcome Maggie,

This is a loving and supporting community and we will do everything we can to help you through this difficult time. There were so many of us here who prayed and sent positive thoughts your way and your husband struggled with this disease. Now we will be here for you.

Susan

Hi Maggie, I am sorry for the loss of your husband. I am a 64-year-old mother of two and grandmother of three. If you had told me a year ago that I'd be a regular poster on an internet website, I would have said "I don't think so." But here I am. These people, including your infamous Shelli, have become family. We are here for you. It will feel a little awkward at first but it's well worth the effort.

Judy in Key West

Hi Maggie-

I hope you will join in and post more about you. There are many of us here that have lost our husbands, wives, or parents and we know what you are feeling and going through. After I lost my husband I was drawn to others that had been through a loss and knew what I was going through. It helps to have someone to talk to. We will make a rule that Shelli can't read your posts in the grieving section so you can feel free to let it all out-- right Shelli?

Welcome Maggie.

Rochelle

Welcome aboard, Maggie.

Sorry for the reason you're here, but this site has (as I'm sure Shell has told you) a great bunch of folks (and Shell is one of the greatest!)

Affectionately,

Carole

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.--George Carlin

Hello Maggie and welcome

I am so very sorry about your loss. Please accept my heartfelt condolences.

I am glad you have joined us. There are so many wonderful people here who can and will be more than happy to help you through this painful journey. I hope you will find comfort and support here.

Shelli, you are such a wonderful person! Thank you so much for setting your Mom up an accout so we can get to know her and help her through! You rock girl!!!!

Love and hugs

Christine

Hi All.. Mom called and said she posted... she said she was kinda nervous and wasnt sure what she was doing, but it looks like she did a good job.! :) I hope she will post some more, cause as she said.... she spends too much time "thinking" and needs and outlet!

Shelli

she will add a profile... once I show her how... she said, well wouldnt it be the same as yours.. I said, well yes, but your take on it all is differnet than mine, so maybe people want to hear your side!

Hi Maggie. There are so many here unfortunately that have lost loved ones. So if you feel like joining in you will receive much support. It is not for everyone though. Maybe just reading posts will help as well. My condolences on the loss of your husband. Take good care

Sandra

Hi Maggie,

I hope you find our cyber family full of support. I lost my husband Alan 5 short weeks ago. The support I have received from all the loving people on this board has gotten me through some dark days.

I am sure I do not need to tell you what a wonderful daughter you have. My continued prayers for you and Shelli.

Hi Maggee. Welcome to this great site. I am sure you have heard alot about it from Shelli. I think someone already mentioned about keeping Shelli in line now that her Mom is here. Seriously, she is a great lady and everyone here thinks the world of her.

Hi Maggie,

Welcome to this community. I have also lost my guy Hank about a month ago, so I know what you're going through and how you're feeling. It's a very, very hard thing, but, understand that you are not alone, others here understand and feel your pain. We have to go on and move forward. Hope to get to know you better!

All the best,

Gail