Vacation Pass (Sorta Kinda)

CaroleHammett

Well, I've made it all the way from Boulder to Denver today and tomorrow will be flying with my daughter from DIA to San Diego where we will meet up with my mother. After a week on Mission Bay, we're embarking on a Mexican "Riviera" cruise for the second week.

Clearly, I need a Hall Pass, but I must confess that I Have Laptop, Will Travel so I won't be disappearing entirely. :D

Y'all try not to get into too much trouble while my back is turned, okay? :D

Affectionately,

Carole

Thanks everyone for the well wishes (although I confess to having doubts, Robbi, as to whether I can be careful and have fun at the same time :D).

I will try my best not to be "married" to my laptop, Muriel, but couldn't resist replying from here at DIA (free WiFi) while waiting for boarding (I just LOVE computers and the Internet!).

My physicians and my HospiceCare team were soooo great, providing me with all the right paperwork, meds, authorizations, medical summaries, etc., which made getting through security and to the boarding gate a piece of cake! (Remember that in addition to oxygen and prescriptions, I also have my Lovenox syringes and diabetes lancets, not to mention my terrorist-like visage :D).

Anyway, thanks again all. I'm already having a wonderful time and I'm not even 50 miles from home yet! :lol::lol:

Affectionately,

Carole

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.--George Carlin

Carole, of course I already pm'd you as soon as I saw you were on the site. I just came to this thread as I am weaving my way down posts since last visited. I was so excited when I found the free wi-fi and even outlets to plug in a computer with a low battery at the airport! It's just good to have someone with you like you do so you don't miss your boarding!

Have a great vacation. I'm excited for you!

Judy in Key West

Hi, everyone.

Couldn't resist a quick middle of the night update (free WiFi at hotel all week, too).

As soon as I got off plane at San Diego (sea level) Saturday, I was able to go off of supplemental oxygen and have been off it ever since. (YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :D

And that evening I got my first fresh fish in almost a year (grilled sea bass). I was already in ecstasy over the oxygen and the fish just about doubled it! :D:D

Sunday morning when I did my hot tub exercises (warm water pool therapy) I also managed one 10-foot lap of REAL SWIMMING (if you'll grant me that a scissor kick is real), and that tripled it! :D:D:D

Today we're going to Sea World (it's been so many years I doubt that Shamu even remembers me!), probably with a mid-afternoon nap in between. I'll try not to bore you all with these constant updates, but wow, it feels so good to be FREE! :D:D:D:D

Love ya bunches,

Carole

Don't be afraid of death... Be afraid of the unlived life.--Tuck

Hi, all.

Just a quick check in to thank you all for well wishes and let you know I'm still having great time.

We went to Sea World and I am positive that Shamu remembered me. :D

I'm still getting a few (10 or less :D) strokes in every day at the pool (and am still faithfully performing daily hot tub exercises); and am also continuing to gorge on fresh fish (grilled mahi last night), accompanied, of course, by a good California white (to heck with red wine's resveratrol!). :D

I also have to confess that my old buddy Bailey (on the rocks) and I have spent several pleasant evenings together (to heck with my liver!). :D

I haven't gone dancing yet... I'm saving that for shipboard (at which time, I guarantee you it won't be slow dancing either! :lol:)

My unassisted O2 has been so high (often up to 97-99%) that--unless I get "huffy puffy" from over-exertion or look in the mirror at my Prednisone moon face (arrgh)--it's hard to remember that I'm even sick!

And now I'm off to read messages (but not for long--we're going to San Diego Zoo today), and in the meantime I hope that all goes well with all of you.

With much love and affection,

Carole

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, all.

Just a quick update to let you all know that we're back in San Diego, having disembarked yesterday morning from the "Mexican Riviera" cruise ship.

While in Cabo San Lucas, I sailed on New Zealand's 2000 America's Cup entry, including taking over the wheel once we had sailed outside the bay. As a former racing skipper, I cannot begin to describe the magic! :D

I will write more after I'm back home and rested (we fly out of San Diego for Denver in the a.m.), but wanted you all to know that the Quality of My Life this past two weeks was a whopping 15 on a scale of 1 to 10! :lol:

With love, hugs, kisses and great affection to all,

Carole of the Sea

Hi, all and thanks for well wishes, etc.

I am back home and slept in my own bed last night and boy, did that feel good! :D

Lynn: We ended up skipping the Zoo (I went there last year with grandkids, but don't recall Macaws as there were so many animals to see!).

Instead of Zoo, we went to lunch at the Old Town Mexican Cafe, followed by a leisurely walk through Old Town San Diego, having met up with old friends who drove down for the day. We ended the day on Coronado Island, which was great--I hadn't been there in years--and then after we got back from cruise, we went back there, the second time to the Coronado Hotel (as vs. just the beach).

Tomorrow, my hospice team will be here to sign me up (I was technically on palliative care before); and I will begin looking into some of the homeopathic remedies available (including Vitamin C infusions and V.I.B.E. machine); plus I need to catch up on postings, both in general and to the "Healthy Living" forums--not to mention several writing projects (I'm just too danged busy to die yet! :D)

In the meantime, my energy levels remain high (I slept well last night, napped well today, and then my daughter and I went out to an Etown recording tonight that included Taj Mahal and Martha Wainwright).

With love and affection to all.

Carole