Vancouver play pass please

SandraL

I know I just got back from camping. Am back in town for a day or so just to get a darn treatment. But then I am off again to Vancouver. I had a great time camping with friends. This vacation is with family so pray for my sanity please. At least I will be in my own hotel room this time. We will be doing rides, waterparks, shopping, aquarium...all that kind of fun stuff. I will be back on Monday, August 11.

I asked you to take care and be good last time. I have now checked out the boards and see that everyone actually did behave themselves. Well that is kind of boring!!! I hope for more excitement upon my next return!

Sandra

Well I wasn't looking for excitement at my own expense but should have known better. I will be smarter next time.

Take your time building the ark Bruce as the weather forecast here is hot and sunny for a long time coming. You will need all the time you can get with the help you have.

I will fess up to the wee spot of rain we did receive at the beginning of our camping trip though. In BC we actually have different words for different categories of rain. So when we pulled up to our campsite, it was not raining at all, it was friggin' pouring. I of course being an optimist ignored the weather forecast and arrirved without a stitch of raingear, nor did I have an umbrella, as Bruce's did not arrive on time.

We in BC are very efficient "tarpers" when camping. So it took us a very long time to set up and keep what we could dry. We are also very skilled trench builders. It POURED all night long. We do not have big ol' bugs either...but boy you should see the slugs come out when it pours. Campsite was a skating rink of slugs the next morning. It dried up and cleared up though and the rest of the trip was beautiful.

This trip I will be in a hotel room with air conditioning and a pool to enjoy the hot dry weather.

Ha Ha. Starting to fess up are you Sandra ? LOL Funny how you didn't mention anything about the rain or the slugs in your first post.. Pouring rain sounds alot more than a little drizzle. LOL. Hey I've got lots of great help to build an ark....as soon as Patti get's her starter fixed. LOL

my starter is being fixed as we speak. I am also very handy with an electric saw. And with a hammer. So lets get building, Bruce. Just don't let Muriel know I am driving the Ark.

Sandra - if I woke up with all those slugs outside my tent I would have been home in 5 minutes - YUK!!!!!

Good luck with your ark. Here is the kind of bueracracy you are bound to run into:

And the Lord spoke to Noah and said, "In six months I'm going to make it rain until the whole earth is covered with water and all the evil people are destroyed. But I want to save a few good people, and two of every kind of living thing on the planet. I am commanding you to build an Ark." And in a flash of lightning, He delivered the specifications for an Ark, "Okay," said Noah, trembling with fear and fumbling with the blueprints.

"Six months and it starts to rain," thundered the Lord. "You'd better have the Ark completed, or learn to swim for a very long time."

Six months passed, the skies clouded up and rain began to fall. The Lord saw that Noah was sitting in his front yard, weeping. And there was no Ark. "Noah!" shouted the Lord, "Where is the Ark?" "Lord, please forgive me!" begged Noah. "I did my best. But there were big problems. First, I had to get a building permit for the Ark construction project, and your plans didn't meet code. I had to hire an engineer to redraw the plans. Then I got into a big fight over whether or not the Ark needed a fire sprinkler system.

"Then my neighbor objected, claiming I was violating zoning by building the Ark in my front yard. I had to get a variance from the city planning commission. Then I had problems getting enough wood for the Ark, because there was a ban on cutting trees to save the spotted owl. I had to convince the US Fish and Wildlife that I needed the wood to save the owls. But they wouldn't let me catch any owls. So, no owls.

"The carpenters formed a union and went out on strike. I had to negotiate a settlement with the National Labor Relations Board before anyone would pick up a saw or hammer. Now we have sixteen carpenters going on the boat, and still no owls. Then I started gathering up animals, and got sued by an animal rights group. They objected to me taking only two of each kind.

"Just when I got that suit dismissed, the EPA notified me that I couldn't complete the Ark without filing an environmental impact statement on your proposed flood. They didn't take kindly to the idea that they had no jurisdiction over the conduct of a Supreme Being. Then the Army Corps of Engineers wanted a map of the proposed new flood plain. So I sent them a globe. Right now, I'm still trying to resolve a complaint from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission over how many Croatians I'm supposed to hire.

"The IRS has seized all my assets, claiming I'm trying to avoid paying taxes by leaving the country. And I just got a notice from the state about owing them some kind of use tax. I really don't think I can finish the Ark for at least another five years," Noah wailed.

The sky began to clear. The sun began to shine. A rainbow arched across the sky. Noah looked up and smiled, "You mean you're not going to destroy the earth?" Noah asked hopefully. "No," said the Lord sadly, "The government already has!"

Awww Poor Sandra's getting beat up on for being a Westcoaster!!! You big meanies!

When you grow up in the rain..you just get used to it! But it really has been incredibly beautiful around here lately! Hot and sunny, except for the occasional rain...HAHA!

Sandra and I only live a couple of hours apart here on this BEAUTIFUL island :)

Hope you're having a great time in Vancouver...I'd love to being doing that right about now! I'll bet it's costing megabucks!

Sorry we didn't connect during your camping trip, but we will soon enough!

xoxox

Linda