The Saga Continues....

klooty

WHY US DEAR HEAVENLY FATHER??? WHY NOW??? I PRAY THAT YOU SUSTAIN MY FATHER AND EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS SITE THAT IS IN NEED OF YOUR SUPPORT, COMFORT AND CARE. BE WITH THEM ALL AND PLEASE, I BEG YOU, SAVE MY DADDY.....

At times I am overwhelmed by this all. As I sure all of you know and understand... this is a huge burden to bear alone... I am thankful I have people like you here to help me through this... Every time I go on the net now, the first place i come is here... This site has been an incredible web of support and I truly feel blessed for being able to have met people like you... ALL OF YOU...

With that said... Today dad was still kinda out there... Real loopy and asking the strangest questions about the most random things. It is quite sad and confusing even to us. At times we think he understands about what is happening around him, but then out comes some odd and out of the blue statement or question. I don't know what is the best way to deal with this. Agree with him and answer his question, or perhaps ask him what the heck he is talking about. I know its not his fault, its just so sad to see him like this. ITS NOT HIM, its the drugs, or perhaps mets to the brain... They're looking into it...

I, on the other hand, went to the doctors today to get a letter addressed to my univeresity to explain why I am unable to write my finals because my father is so unwell. I probably/definetly will get out of writing them. AS GOOD AS THIS SOUNDS HOWEVER, it is little consolation in the big picture. I would gladly write every single one of those exams if my father could just get well again.

At the doctors she actually sat down with me and had a little heart to heart which was nice. (I even brought up this site and explained to her that I didn't have many questions because I have such an awesome support and information centre right here)... I did ask her how big the main tumor was and she said it was about the size of a tennis ball and located right behind his sternum. She explained some of what they are doing and trying... Apparently, when they tried to put him on his regular meds the pains came back... So the PAIN PUMP was working and she was unsure if it was the meds in the pump or perhaps progression of the cancer that was causing him to be loopy... He's scedule for a chest X-RAY and a CT Scan all within the next day to try and get a better look at things.... On Thursday we go to the pain and symptoms doctors in London at the Cancer Clinic there. Hopefully, they'll be able to figure things out there... The doctor also mentioned how things are not looking too good right now. She says she hopes its just the meds doing it too him, but feels if its the cancer is spreading again things aren't looking to good....

SO much information, so confusing at times. I try to take it all in. But its so hard. So overwhelming.

DEAR GOD. I THANK YOU FOR THESE PEOPLE AND THEIR LIVES. I PRAY THAT YOU TAKE EACH ONE OF THEM IN YOUR ALMIGHTY ARMS AND BE NEAR TO THEM WHEN THEY NEED YOU MOST. - amen

Klooty,

I am so sorry that your dad id not doing well. Just keep the faith and believe in our Lord, Jesus. Please put this in his hands and he will prevail. I was devistated when I was dx'd, but I put it in my Lord's hands. All things are possible... Now my doctor's cannot find a tumor and my 2nd biopsy came back negative. The tumor was 17cm, which is larger than your dad's. It was wrapped around the pulmonary artery and I could not have surgery.

Is your dad eating? He needs to build up his strength and if possible get off of the pain meds. Insure or boost is good for nutrition supplements. He is in a dilereous state right now and can't fight this head on. Has your dad been staged? Is it small cell or non- small cell? Is he getting chemo yet? If so, what is the chemo that he is receiving. Has he had a PET scan? Can your dad understand anything when you talk to him?

I am so sorry that you have to endure this pain and suffering. I wish I could just make it go away. I will keep you and dad in my prayers.

Please let us know what is happening, so that we can try and help you...

Warm and Gentle Hugs

God Bless

Karen