Has anyone heard of this drug???

klooty

Sounds like Dilantin, which is sometimes used for neuropathic pain (the kind caused by chemo agents that damage the peripheral nerves, like Taxol), but Dilantin is not usually given via pump. Could also be Dilaudid, which is more likely to be used in a pain pump. Dilaudid is a potent opioid analgesic (narcotic painkiller).

which I read tonite, if it is overdosed, can lead to convulsions and confusion. These symptoms are a God Sent. I hope these symptoms are simply from the medicine. Have a good night all.. Take care. My prayers are thoughts are always on. Bye.

Adam

Adam,

My dad had one dose of diluadid for pain. I have been trying to find information on it as well. I was spelling it wrong when researching so maybe that is why I couldnt find anything on it. Could you send me the link where you found your info. Thanks in advance

Adam,

I was on this drug right after surgery, very strictly monitored and only given for two days by injection into IV line. VERY GOOD STUFF!!

Of course, at the time I sure wasn't concerned with possible side effects, I just wanted the pain to stop...was sure my epidural wasn't working - until they removed it! Owie, owie, owie...

Becky