Is there still time?

I can't help but think the doctors gave up too soon on my dad. He's been in hospice since July 26 after being in the hospital for 10 days. I now know he was so bad in the hospital because of all the drugs he was on...morphine among them. He was seeing things and it was all so horrible. They said the chemo wasn't working, yet he on;y had 2 treatments. Now I sit and think if they gave up too soon. He's been doing ok just throwing up sometimes after eating. Anyone with with any opinions I'll be more than happy to hear.

Lillee:

I'm sorry to hear about your father and what you are going through. I do want to say though my mother has recently been diagnosed and had a doctor look at her and tell her she has 2 weeks to 1 year to live, she lost hope for a day or so until I took her to another doctor. That doctor told her she's already made it 2 weeks and from what she saw for mom's fight she certainly expects more than a year. It's amazing what a different opinion can bring, it all depends on the fight your dad is willing to continue to put out.

Good luck, my prayers are with your father, you and your family.

Hi Lillee. It you are really second guessing the no chemo then maybe talk to your dad about it and ask for a second opinion. At least that might help put your mind at ease. and hey it sounds like he is doing okay at home and that is great. I hope he just keeps on doing well and enjoying everyday the best he can. Take care

Sandra

Lillee-

I am so sorry you are going through this with your dad.

I agree that maybe a second opinion would ease your mind or at least maybe you could talk to the doc and ask why he does not want to continue treatments. Maybe since dad is doing better off the morphine he could be re-evaluated.

Lillee - there is ALWAYS time to create memories. Treasure these moments you spend with your dad - you will hold them in your heart forever.

Your dad is so lucky to have you by his side.

Hugs - Patti B.