My brain scan results

Patti B

Well, another day, another possible bad news. My PA just called to tell me that there was something "questionable" on the brain scan. She is begging me not to freak out because normally the doc who reads it would say "highly suspicious for cancer" and he did not. Says it could possibly be a blood vessel. Its less than 1 cm which she said, worse case scenrario would mean one shot of gamma knife. She is not even going to prescribe me steroids yet. She called and has gotten me an appointment for a MRI on Monday afternoon.

She kept stressing to me that I should not freak out and of course I said I wouldn't....... yeah, right.

This means I tell my husband bad news this weekend about my lung scan and have to withhold this new bit of news from him until I know whats going on. And of course, I won't tell Nick this one until I know for sure one way or another. He freaked out when I told him about my lung scan - threw a kitchen chair across the room and was screaming his lungs out. I hate doing this to my son, I really do.

I guess I have been just plugging along for almost two years relatively easily. No side effects from chemos, no progression, no radiation, no nothing except a blood clot and some high blood pressure. Now maybe its all catching up to me.......

Will let everyone know what happens - Tara said she will call me late Monday afternoon.

Hugs - Patti B.

Geez, Patti..........I'm hanging onto the blood vessel thing. Remember the 'thing' that showed up on my January PET? That 'spot' freaked me out for 3 whole months. It turned out to be an artifact :roll: ! So..........hard as it is to not jump to conclusions ~ don't do it YET.

Sorry about Nick. Gotta just be the pits for you and him too. No reason you still won't be cruising along for many more years. Just take a step back and breathe! I'm doing the same here.

Kasey

(((Patti))),

Hang in there until all the facts are in. I hate that you are going through this and I wish I could be there to hug you and Nick. Damn disease causes so much pain and anxiety to so many good people. I'm staying optimistic in your case. No matter what the diagnosis, there is a plan coming into place . I do wish your husband could be there to help you carry the burden of these worries, but know that you have us.

Love, hugs and prayers,

Sue

Well Patti...what a "crappy" week for you. I am so sorry you know have to worry about this too. Let's go with the ain't cancer theory and have everyone chant that so it will come true. Still don't think anything would be crazy enough to camp out there, and even if they are there is so much activity up there that it will get beat up bad...real bad with any treatment. Continued prayers for you always and extra until you get this little mess all figured out.

Your crazy crappy cancer sister

Sandra

I'm praying overtime for you here Patti. I appreciate the PA saying not to freak out, and I'm sure she knows what she is talking about. But I've found telling me to not worry about Kelly is like telling the sun to not come up tomorrow. So I'm sure it is just impossible for you to not freak out. But let us be sure that this is nothing enough for you, while you do what anyone would do and freak out.

And I am sure it was heartwrenching for you to tell Nick and to see him react. But take it from one who was a teen and had things kept from her about my Dad when he was sick, I hated not being told and it was best to keep me informed, no matter how hard that information was for all of us. You did the right thing and he'll get through it. And so will you.

Prayers and many many positive vibes are heading your way right now!!

Patti

What a horrible week you are having - If I had your address I would show up with a gallon of ice cream...the perfect fix all.

I am so sorry this week has been so stressful for you and Nick.....remember - I am 10 minutes away if you or Nick need ANYTHING. Kids go back to school next week and I will have all day to do nothing.

Keeping you in my thoughts - BIG HUGS!!!!!

Damn!

I'm not going to tell you not to worry, Patti, because how can you not?

I can tell you that Nick's behavior is not the same as, but about on a par with, that of my 42 year old daughter (i.e., neither of them are handling our situations well, and it has nothing to do with age).

Affectionately and sympathetically,

Carole

Thinking of you! Just FYI, my dad had something turn up on his brain MRI, they never were quite sure what it was, but it is not growing, so they are assuming it is nothing.

Keep us updated. Hoping for the best! I can't say don't worry b/c t hat would be pot calling kettle black.

Yikes, Patti! But I'd say listen to the PA and the doc who DIDN'T say highly suspicious... Though something in the brain SOUNDS bad, you know as well as I that something showing up there is often less troublesome than if it showed up somewhere else.

Please remind me of that when it happens to me!!

Aloha,

Ned

Patti,

Saying a lot of prayers for you while you work through these latest issues....I hope they are all resolved quickly and with little stress.

I just wanted to note that I completely understand your sn's response to your lung scan. Personally I have thrown punched, yelled and screamed at just about everything through this ordeal...From my perspective there is no place to direct my anger at why or how we all have to deal with this disease. I therefore take it out on whatever inadimate object i feel will relive the most stress. Sometimes I need to hear glass break, sometimes drywall crumble, sometimes the pillows appear to need a good solid beating...One of these days I'm going to take Randy's advice and throw eggs in the woods...It's a little more wastefull, but certainly a lot less destructive...

I'm praying for you all very much as I can understand how stressful this is for you all.

Patti

You know I am praying for you. But your doctor is optimistic and so must you be too.

And I truly understand your son's feelings and reaction to the news, I am so there with him on that.

I also pray your husband can be strong too.

Hugs and prayers to you and yours Patti

Ree

Patti, omg I was just ready to sign off and go to bed and decided I'd open this thread "again." I went past it a dozen times today and didn't open it because I was sure I had already and that everything was good with it. That's what the mind can do to you when you don't want to know some-thing. I'm with going with the doctor's tone that it's not so bad but I HATE that you are having to go through this. I'm thinking of you girl.

Judy in Key West

{{{{{Patti}}}}} that stinks. Prayers coming your way and I am glad Nick isn't one to keep things inside. So maybe he wrecks a chair throwing it across the room, at least he is doing something. I dug a lots of holes this summer, something physical, let it out.

Will be looking for your results next week.

Barb