Chest and stomach pressure

shrimp

Hello. I am new to the board. Some of you met me in the intro area. Dad is finally doing better. He had his first comfortable day yesterday. His main problem now is the continued pressure in his chest and stomach. He can only eat very small amounts and the pressure and fullnes make him uncomfortable for hours. He finishes radiation to his left arm and right chest this week. They are talking about sending him home tomorrow or the next day.

Keep a liquid supply available of boost or ensure handy!! Eating may be a chore where as drinking liquids is easier. And sometimes room temp is easier on throat also. Drink lots of water cause You do not want to wind up in ER with dehydration. Thas a nasty one to fight with!!

Today they are talking about sending him home. He was able to walk 4 steps today with the help of three people. This evening he walked 16 steps. We are going to try to get him in rehab. there is no way my 76 y/o mother and I can handle this. The radiologist said the chest pressure is his tumor. There are only 2 more treatments so I guess it hasn't helped. The took him off all his cardiac meds and blood thinners. They are trying to take his O2 off. It makes him very anxious to be without it. His O2 sat was 95-97 without it. We got a little boost down him and some potato soup. He says he is just so tired of everything hurting him when he eats or coughs and he can't sleep. He gets Ativan, Ambien, 2 percocet and his fentanyl patch.Also, how do I fill out the profile for his history? I have never used a message board before.

Just hang in there. We went through the same thing. My grandpa was always full and it was hard to eat or drink. He hated to drink ensure because he was full, if he drank water he drank to much at one time and was full. Gatoraide tasted bad because of the radiation. It was a battle, but hang in there and it will get better.