Off of Trial

TracyD

I got my most recent scan results yesterday, and they showed a bit of progression so I am out of the trial and on the chemotherapy.

The nodules in my left lung have all grown millimeters. The issues are all on the right side. The two larger tumors have consolidated, it looks like one big mass. There is more extensive thickening of the pleura, and the cancer has officially spread to my diaphragm, and most likely my abdomen, although at this time they are calling them "possible" mets. I'm not buying that.

I have lost a lot of volume in my right lung, to the point that my chest cavity has kind of sunk in, and my right shoulder is pulling forward, I look a bit twisted. This causes some severe back pain which is now being treating with Aleve, which worked well for me last night.

So... we are regrouping. I chose to start on taxotere immediately. I didn't want to wait the weekend, so a couple hours after hearing the news I was at the infusion center getting my first dose.

We here are so thankful that we were able to have the wonderful summer that we did, I was feeling good and we went nonstop. We are now preparing for a new phase of this fight. I have to say, this one is really scary. It is the worst news we have gotten since the actual diagnosis and it's going to take a bit of time to wrap our brains around it.

In the wonderful words of my dear friend Rachel (Fight), we are just going to keep on keepin' on.

Tracy

Oh Tracy, I am so sad to hear that. Your words are so courageous. I too dealt with progression (spine mets) after being NED and was taken off a clinical trial. So I do know how you feel somewhat. It absolutely devastated me and took me some time to get back in fight mode and be more positive. The important thing is though that we get there. Good for you for getting right back on the chemo band wagon so quickly. Is radiation also an option or have you already received too much? (sorry I can't recall from your profile) My very best wishes that this chemo stops the progression in it's tracks. I am so glad to hear that you had an awesome summer. Keep up with your attitude, you are an inspiration to me.

Sandra

Yah, it does sound scary. I hope the taxotere puts the brakes on quickly. It seems to be working for me. I have one huge tumor in my upper lobe and many small tumors throughout the rest of my lung that are all stable for now. I am glad you had a nice summer Tracy.

Don M

I am sorry to hear the bad news on the progression and hope that the taxotere kicks that BOOGERS behind!!! Die Tumour Die!!!!

ALSo thank you for doing the trial. THis also takes lots of courage to venture into the unknown like you and so many others have tried. The effort is not in vain so never think it has been!! Prayer and Thanks and Hugs to you and yours always!!!

Ahh Tracy,

I am sorry to hear about the progression. That just sucks! But I am glad to see you getting right back on chemo, Taxotere held me stable for almost a year. Hopefully it will do the same for you or better. I'll be looking for your post saying that it's working! Good Luck! Stay Strong! God Bless,

Sharon

Tracy--I'm sorry to hear about the progression. I'm glad you aren't waiting and are going right after it. I read your account of your summer and it sounds like it was fabulous enough to make you strong mentally, physically and emotionally for the new treatment regine. The cancer doesn't stand a chance!

Susan

Tracy, Sorry to be coming in so late to say I'm sorry about the progression. I've been following you in your trial and posting on the Care Pages and couldn't get to the last one (traveling with unreliable internet) and caught up with you here. You obviously jumped right back into the fight. I hope your family is hanging in there too. It's got to be difficult. It sounds like you all had a fabulous summer. I'm sure you are grateful for it but it doesn't make this setback any easier. Keep on hanging in there. Obviously you have a large rooting section here to add to the people in your more immediate life. Sending positive thoughts and energy your way, Judy in Key West (currently in New Jersey)

Tracy, Sorry to be coming in so late to say I'm sorry about the progression. I've been following you in your trial and posting on the Care Pages and couldn't get to the last one (traveling with unreliable internet) and caught up with you here. You obviously jumped right back into the fight. I hope your family is hanging in there too. It's got to be difficult. It sounds like you all had a fabulous summer. I'm sure you are grateful for it but it doesn't make this setback any easier. Keep on hanging in there. Obviously you have a large rooting section here to add to the people in your more immediate life. Sending positive thoughts and energy your way, Judy in Key West (currently in New Jersey)

Tracy, I'm exactly in the same situation as you. Today I heard I'm off the Nexavar trial - progression in liver and in lung + spine met (that's a new one). Despite the new, bad, news, I'm doing great and doc tries to get bone (gamma) scan asap to start the radiation. Also new line of chemo will be started.

We also enjoyed a full summer and at times my thoughts were totally cancer free!

All the best Tracy!!!

Jussi