Need Men to be in a Public Service Commercial on Lung Cancer

Susan L

Hi.

I have written a script for a PSA (public service announcement) that will be produced and recorded in Las Vegas (a production company has donated their resources to do this). I had asked for volunteers to fly to Las Vegas and be in the PSA on another board, and received a great response - 11 will be participating, BUT they are all women. That is not a bad thing but I am afraid that when I try to market this PSA to TV stations to play during Lung Cancer Awareness Month, they will see all women and think we are trying to go head-to-head with breast cancer, and will not want to run it because it won't be politically correct. If we have both men and women, I think it will be easier to get TV stations to air it.

The last line of the PSA says "we are not actors, we are real people, and we have lung cancer", so I can't hire actors to keep this statement true.

If you are a male, have lung cancer and would consider participating in this PSA, please let me know by replying to this post or by sending an email to me at shlaurents@gmail.com. There are speaking parts available for at least 3 or 4 men, plus at least 15-20 men will be viewed in the PSA and all will have one line in unison.

The taping will be on Friday, September 19 in Las Vegas. Everyone that is participating is coming in on Thursday evening and leaving on Saturday (taping is scheduled to go from 1:00pm-5:00pm but may run longer). I can give you information regarding hotels, etc. in Las Vegas.

Thank you very much. It will be a good time and you will get to meet some of your online friends in person.

Susan