Stand up to Cancer with LUNGevity TONIGHT!!!

KatieB

SU2C_2.jpg

MAKE HISTORY WITH US TONIGHT!!

TUNE IN SEPTEMBER 5TH 8PM ET/PT

STAND UP TO CANCER

In less than two weeks, over 50 of the most renowned personalities in TV, film, sports and music will come together to make history. In an unprecedented television event, NBC, ABC, and CBS will simultaneously devote 1 hour of commercial-free prime time to raise funds for the fight against cancer.

A spectacular line up of talent including Jennifer Aniston, Scarlett Johansson, Meryl Streep, David Cook, Christina Applegate, Lance Armstrong, Jack Black, Kirsten Dunst, Charles Barkley, America Ferrera, Halle Berry, Hilary Swank, Forrest Whitaker, Jimmy Fallon, Keanu Reeves * will make personal appearances on the show. These celebrities and more will educate you, move you and entertain you. They will also be on hand to answer your calls in the celebrity phone bank.

ONE NIGHT ONE STAGE

The premiere TV performance of "Just Stand Up" - the star studded charitable single in support of Stand Up To Cancer will be performed by legendary recording artists Mariah Carey, Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Rihanna, Fergie, Sheryl Crow, Miley Cyrus, Melissa Etheridge, Ashanti, Natasha Bedingfield, Keyshia Cole, Ciara, Leona Lewis, LeAnn Rimes, and Carrie Underwood.

Don't miss out! Tune in September 5th at 8pm on ABC, NBC and CBS!

SU2C_1.jpg

What did everyone think? I am pumped up by it. It was so great to see that ALL types of cancer are being researched for cures. Sometimes the focus on one type of cancer is a little worrisome when it isn't lung cancer, you know?

That was great!!! Hope you all got to see it!!

I loved it.

For almost 6 years I've been talking to people, going to conferences, events, meetings- where 100% of the focus has been on cancer and advocacy and then I come home and it's like, "ok, now what do I do first?" Every experience changes me, and I come home to a "world" that seems "the same" and unaware, unmoved or unwilling to help.

I was literally shaking at the thought that this was all being said (all the things I KNOW, all the things I use in my elevator speeches and presentations and in addressing the cancer community) ALL OF IT was being said to the PUBLIC at large on prime time television!! In a way that the "average" person may take notice, STAND UP, and help make a difference.

I wish it could have been hours long, but I am so proud of the progress that I've seen myself the last 6 years.

It's another step, and every step counts. Let's keep moving forward!!

It was awesome.

LiveSTRONG!

Well it was good and all over Cdn TV but not long enough. I made a donation and it took forever to get through so that is a good sign. And I asked that it be for Lungevity although it didn't appear to be on their list but she wrote it down. So...hopefully. I liked the

t-shirts though. Does anybody know if those can be ordered?

I agree , the show was great but it went by so fast! My husband immedialty dialed for us to donate and like mentioned above, it took a while before he was able to get through. Hope we hear today how the response was so far.

I was glad they had a lung cancer patient profiled, his story was sad but typical in many ways.

Donna G

Thank God for this forum. It is so upbeat and positve. Yes, the show was uplifting and eye opening. I agree about the T-shirts, they are very nice. Wouldn't it be a powerful statement if there was a T-shirt drive around the world where everyone that was touched by cancer in anyway wore the t-shirts like they did last night. I think we would all see how not alone we really are. Cancer research of any kind can open up the doors to learning why and then hopefully the CURE will follow. Between you and me, I am sure glad that the doctor's, nurses and all of the research teams studied hard in school (and didn't skip like me) and have the desire to help.

take care all

Sarah

I wasn't able to see the TV show, but the website appears to have it, if not in full, at least major segments. Go here

http://su2c.standup2cancer.org/the_show.php

and click the box at the bottom left that says "Watch SUTV on AOL television." No, you don't have to be an AOL subscriber. Maybe someone can tell us whether or not the 5 segments there are the same as were in the TV broadcast...?

Ned

It was so moving... I made a donation and downloaded the itunes song immediately... I only wish I could have given more....

I wasn't asked where I wanted the money to go to??? Someone mentioned on a prior post they requested "Lungevity"... I wasn't asked that question??? Oh well, I am sure it will go to where it is needed most.

The end with Melissa Etheridge and gang singing absolutely had me sobbing... quite a moving experience!!!

They are actually going to "dream teams" of different health professionals who will be doing clinical trials on many different cancers.

I'll let you know when I know more about the ones for lung cancer.