Dennis E Abbott, the love of my life

mas-a

We lost our best friend, the love of my life, the best part of me which made me whole. I don't know how or want to go on without him. Dennis fell May 3, 2008, suffering a TBI and strokes ( coumadin was used to keep the port open). We went from rehabilitation hospital to hospital believing he would recover to continue with his chemotherapy. He was robbed of the chance to continue with treatment. God opened up the gates of heaven for him August 31st 2008, he is no longer suffering, but met by family and friends who entered the gates of heaven before him. We know he will greet us when it is our time. At the moment, I don't know how to go on without the man I have loved and who has loved me for 37 years.

Dennis E. Abbott, 55, of Hatfield Township, passed away August 31, 2008. He was the loving husband of Mary Anne (Shields) Abbott. Born in Brooklyn, NY, he was a son of the late Frank and Margaret (Curran) Abbott. In addition to being a loving husband, he was the devoted father of Martelle Richardson and her husband, William, of Wenonah, NJ and Deborah Abbott and her fiancé, Curtis Eichelberger of Hatfield and the cherished grandfather of Kierstin, Chaise, Jon and Dennis. Also surviving is a nephew, Justin Abbott and his family of L.I., NY. A brother, Gregory and a sister, Martelle, precede him in death.

He graduated from Far Rockaway High School in Queens, NY and received an Associate Degree from the former Electronics Computer Programming Institute in Manhattan, continuing his education to receive an engineering degree in CA.

Mr. Abbott worked in the semi-conductor industry for over 30 years and founded Syspro Solutions in 2002.

He began playing guitar when he was 14 and had been lead guitarist in several bands.

Friends may call Wednesday, Sept. 3 between 6 and 10 PM and Thursday Sept. 4 between 8:30 and 10:30 AM in the Huff & Lakjer Funeral Home, 701 Derstine Ave., Lansdale, followed by his Funeral Mass at 11 AM in St. Stanislaus Church, Lansdale. In lieu of flowers, donations in his name may be made to LUNGevity Foundation, 435 N. LaSalle St., Suite 310, Chicago, IL 60654