Hello All I am new to this

LisaM1972

Hello everyone My name is Lisa and my mother was diagnosed in May with Lung Cancer. I just need other people to help with support. This is so scarey It is very hard to see my mother struggle. I welcome any and ALL advice I need friends and I want to talk. his disease is ripping our whole family how do you move on when it seems my mom is so much sicker now? :?

Hi Lisa and welcome to this board although sorry you need to be here. Yes it is devastating to be dealing with this but folks here are very supportive and eager to help. Please let us know more about your mom and how you are doing. The beginning is so tough but it although it is never great, it does get better. And there are lots of survivor stories here to give you hope that is all so important in battling this disease.

Sandra

Hi, Lisa, welcome to the LCSC. We have a terrific bunch of patients, caregivers, and others concerned for the welfare of loved ones, and it's safe to say that as a group we've seen it all. Please tell us what you can of your mom's condition -- type of lung cancer, treatments so far, scan results, side effects -- and there are sure to be members with first-hand experience in the same things she (and you) are going through right now. You should be getting some more responses when our mainland friends wake up in the morning. Best wishes and Aloha,

Ned

Welcome Lisa. This is a tough time. We know. The treatment for the cancer really wipes you out, you need lots of rest, support, good nutrition and sometimes more than likely an antidepresent medicine. Keep us posted .

Donna G

The beginning is very hard. It's hard to watch someone go through treatment and become so ill. You just have to remember that the chemo will take the good cells with the bad. Try to watch out for infection and fever, keep her hydrated with lots of fluid until her body is able to recover from treatment. Dehydration is very dangerous so it is important she drinks or eats Popsicles. Let us know how we can help.

Welcome to the board-

Rochelle

HI Lisa-

Welcome to the board. Hope you find this to be a place of comfort and support.

Please tell us more about your mom, her type of LC, what chemos she is on, etc.

As others have said, this is the most scary time. Once a treatment plan is in place and she is able to begin to fight this, things hopefully will get better.

Please keep us updated. Your mom is lucky to have you by her side.

Hugs - Patti B.

Hello thank you all for your kind words. In all honesty I dont know the type of lung cancer my mom has I do know it is Non agressive. SHiscurrently has radiation every day of the week Monday thru Friday. She has Chemo on Thursday. I am crying as I write this today I called her to see how she was feeling and she didnt even want to talk to me she told me NOT to come over, This kills me my mom is only like 115 pounds soaking wet. She said she feels like someone is stabbing her and twisting the knife. She is in so much pain and is vomiting and has diahrrea. I hate this cancer!!! I am out of my antidepressants and cant stop crying. I Have to be strong for her and my children but I feels like my heart is being ripped out of my chest. If anyone has yahoo messanger please IM me. ourabcs@yahoo.com :cry: