Introducing Myself, Just Joined this Support Community

OneLungedWonder

Hi, I'm Carol Ann from Brooklyn, NY! I am a lung cancer survivor out of treatment since July of last year, and officially in remission since October of last year! I call myself the One Lunged Wonder for a reason which you can probably guess :wink: . . .I was diagnosed in January of last year with NSC Squamous Carcinoma Stage IV, but, because of the persistence of my pulmonologist to get a PT Scan to double check that staging because he did not feel right about the high staging, I was restaged at IIIA or B, don't remember which right now, but anyway, I became operable! I was operated on in February of last year, at which time my entire right lung was removed, after which I had to undergo followup chemotherapy! I am not working now, I am on VA Disability Pension, but I am trying to live life after all of this to the fullest that I can, and I recently joined Gilda's Club here in NYC to fill some of the void that has been left not working! My computer is one of my best friends now :D , but it took me a while to regain that friendship after the cancer experience! :?

Hi Carol Ann, Nice to meet you. I'm Connie and I'm from Minnesota and I too am a One Lunger. You can read my PROFILE below and click on to my story as well.

Welcome to the Best site around. You'll find some wonderful folks here and tons of support and information. We all walk this walk together and it works out pretty darn good too! :wink:

Congratulations on being a LC Survivor. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Thank you, Connie, for your reply and your inspiring story! :) The one thing that you have given through your story has been hope, alot of it! I am a little over a year lung cancer survivor now, although it seems like forever :o !!! But my last two 6 month CT scans have produced positive results according to my doctors. . .I do have one nodule that they are watching in my left lung, but both CT scans so far have shown no growth in that nodule, or in the lymph nodes, so I am looking to another 6 months! :D My oncologist at this point is very optimistic that, with the surgery and the chemo, my cancer could be cured! :D

When you talk about 10 years, it seems like such a very long time, but I have seen long time survivors at a recent Relay for Life that I attended here in Brooklyn, NY, so I am looking toward the future with hope one day at a time! Thanks so much! :!:

Hello Carol Ann.,

Welcome and CONGRATULATIONS on being a survivor!!!!

What an inspirational story! I am so glad you have shared it here with all of us. I am sure your story will be a great source of hope for many of our members here.

Please stick around and keep posting! We love happy stories here!

Warmly

Christine

Hi Carol Ann

I guess I am a 1 1/2 lunger. I had my upper left lobe removed in September 2007 and also followed that with chemo. So will be soon celebrating my first anniversary. Welcome to this great site. I have gotten a wealth of information from members here that has helped me make educated decisions. The support and encouragement you receive here is just unbelievable.

Welcome Carol Ann. Connie B is one of my great inspirations. I was just about a year plus out when I met her here in Minnesota at her face to face support group in St Paul. At that time like you I was still having those dreaded CT's and all the worry that goes with them. This is a rough journey but with support it can be done. Keep us posted.

Donna G