Friend Diagnosed with Osteosarcoma,relaspe, now lung cancer

nicole_rc

Hi, I am posting this for my friend. He is 24 years old. Dustin was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma 3 years ago. He then relasped. This past year he had his leg amputated. In June the Cat scans revealed tumors in his lung. Dustin had radiation and chemo in hopes to shrink the tumors. This week he went to have more scans. The results were devastating. The scans showed more tumors on both lungs. Many smaller ones 2-3 mm. In his left lung a larger tumor. His Dr. at Childrens Hospital in Indianapolis In. says that they can remove some of the smaller tumors surgically but they can not remove all of them. He is told his hope now is to find a Clinical Trial at MD anderson or another big hospital.

Anyone who has a similiar experience please share!

Anyone heard of any new treatments or clinical trials?

Thank you, nicole

Nicloe

Hello and welcome. I am so very sorry you and Dustin had need to find a site like this but I am so glad you've joined us.

I cannot give you much information about trials etc but I can tell you I have been in your shoes. It was my best friend's diagnosis that brought me to this site a couple of years ago now.

You can get some good information in the New Treatments/Clinical Trials forum. Have a look through those posts. Also please read the Good News and Survivors forums. There are lots of great stories to be found in those, as well.

I am sure that there will be someone here that can help you out with clinical trial information details. In the meantime please know that we are here for you and we will continue to be here for you and Dustin. Just let us know what you need and we will do our best to help you.

Warmly,

Christine

You can search for ongoing clinical trials at www.clinicaltrials.gov. You can put in pertinent key words to find trials that your friend may be eligible for. However I do not think your friend likely has lung cancer but has osteosarcoma that has metastasized to the lungs. This is important to distinguish as he would not be eligible for lung cancer trials if that is the case. He would be eligible for metastatic osteosarcoma trials. Before searching that database for a trial, it would be vital to know for sure what you are dealing with - two cancers, or osteosarcoma with pulmonary mets.

Good luck and what a wonderful friend you are to be trying so hard to help Dustin!