Kelly's latest scan

cat127

We met with Kelly's doctor today and I was about to scream at him - TELL US THE RESULTS, since we were a good 10 or so minutes into the appt and he was still asking Kelly a lot of questions. Which just made my mind wander, worrying he was putting off bad news. In his defense, she was in the hospital last weekend due to her just not eating a dang thing and sending her magnesium levels plummeting. So he was looking into how she was doing now. But I swear he must have seen me fidgeting because it was like right in the middle of a sentence when he said "oh and the scan results are good, I'm sure you were wondering about that". YOU THINK??? :) I did say, I was about to ask for some imodium for me. ;)

So, the tumor is still there, and the size doesn't seem much changed, but the SUV went down yet again, from 3.9 in May to 3.1. Nothing new shows up either. So, here I am in the "good news" folder, and it feels quite comfy in here. I'm hoping to stay here for quite some time!

Hip Hip Horray for good news!!

I do hate the minutes between when the doc walks in and when they give you results. It could be a time frame of 1 minute or 10 but I always want to jump out of my skin until the doc blurts the results out.

Time for the both of you to celebrate the good news.

Wendy

What wonderful, wonderful news, Kim. Hope things continue going in this same direction. I also wanted to mention how I loved your video, though I would have liked seeing a little bit MORE of you besides a quick thumbs up in passing. But I'll take it!!!

Give Kelly a pat on the back from me and an 'atta girl' too!! Thanks for the uplifting news. Keep it coming.

Kasey

PS: Thanks for the IV input as well. Much appreciated.

So nice waking up today without the same fear as yesterday, I'm going to enjoy these 3 months. We did do a little celebrating. At lunch she tried to order a glass of champagne and the waitress recommended something called a French martini - equal parts grey goose and chambord, then some pineapple juice. Mix it up and put it in the glass and top with champagne. It was TASTY!

Kasey, I am working on another video with more pictures in it, that one is taking a bit longer but when it is done and I figure out how to compress it (still learning lots on my new computer), I'll load it up to youtube and share as well!

Cat--Congratulations to you and your sister! I can't help but mention that you touched on one of my pet peeves. When I see the doctor, first I see either a resident or a PA. The previous resident (who was otherwise wonderful) would always make me go through 10 minutes of questions and exam before telling me the scan results. The PA walks in, says hi, gives me scan results (as read by the senior oncologist and/or the radiologist), and then does the other stuff. Much more humane!--Neil

Cat-

Congrats to Kelly!!!! Hope the two of you can enjoy the next few months!!

I agree that its so rude that we have to wait for results. My PA usually walks in with her thumbs up!!! This last visit. when I had bad news, this resident fellow I had never met before came in, first told me the scan looked good to him, then 10 minutes later said "but theres something on the scan but Dr. Mekhail needs to verify that". What the hell!!!!

Anyway, give Kelly a hug from me and tell her to keep up the good work!!!

Hugs - Patti B.

Cat, congratulations to you and your sister. Hope you can relax and enjoy the next three months.

On the scan reports, my doctor is female and comes through the door saying the scan was good! Guess the day she doesn't, I'll know it's bad.

Judy in Key West (PA)