I am still around but depressed

Renate

I had a hard time finding my way around this message board and added some news to my profile in the meantime.

I have not been here for a while until my good friend Patti B. e maile me, telling me that you asked what happened to me.

My Neurapathy is progressing very fast. I posted about this before. It is killing me. Now I am typing with 2 fingers, since all the others are stiff and numb. Going to Occupational Theraphy, which helps a little with strenghening. Also Therapy for balance since my feet are totaly stiff, which makes it hard to walk. Taking lots of painkillers the esult is that I sleep a lot and do not feel the pain.The painkillers do not take the pain away, just taking off the edge.

My husband is my total CAre taker, he does eveything around the house, since I can not do that much anymore.

As I said in another post. The cure took my lie away not the cancer, this will come later, just waiting for it. I have no symtoms, but my Cancer is rated 3A. My Onco said it will ihit you sooner or later.

Renate

Renate, I'm one of those who has been wondering how you've doing. It's great that your cancer is under control, and I'm still hanging on to the hope that your overall condition will gradually improve with time. There was some discussion of acupuncture earlier -- did you ever try it for the neuropathy?

Best wishes and Aloha,

Ned

Oh Renate. My heart goes out to you. Having to suffer like you are is just not fair. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you are doing even though it must have been very painful for you to write to us. I hope knowing that all of us here care and empathize with you deeply helps your pain in some small way. Prayers for you and I hope you have some good moments and do achieve some improvement to your current state. I am glad to hear your husband is with you to take good care of you.

Sandra

I am sorry to hear all that you are going through. Dadstimeon (Rich) suggested that I try vitamin B6 and B12 for the neuropathy that I was having and it certainly did help me. Ask your doctor about it to see if it can give you some relief from the neuropathy.

Carol

Hi Ned,

Thanks so much for asking about me. Right now I am doing Occupational Therapy, as well as physical Theraphy.

My Onco and Neurologist can not understand why the Neurapathy goes worse. They both think it should have stopped right after the chemo. I saw the Neurologist

yesterday, he said he thinks I have cancer in the Nerves. In order to find out he would have to do a Bispsy. After that my hand would be paralized. I am not willing to do this. If it is cancer, I will not do any more treatments anyhow. I will just let go.

In addition I have seen an Accupuncurist someone I have know for a long time, she is an Anestiologist with a PHD in Oriental Medicine. She told me it would perhaps release some of the pain, but not cure the Neurapathy. My pain is pretty much under control as long as I take all the painkillers which make me sleep most of the Day.

Renate

She told me [acupuncture] would perhaps release some of the pain, but not cure the Neurapathy. My pain is pretty much under control as long as I take all the painkillers which make me sleep most of the day.

If acupuncture could remove the need for some of the painkillers, that might be worthwhile.

Ned