My Mom's PET Scan tomorrow

shineladysue

Hello Everyone,

It's rare I post about my Mom, but that is because she has been doing very well. Ever since her wedge section in May , 2007 she has been NED. She will have a PET scan tomorrow morning and my family and I would really appreciate it if you would keep her in your thoughts and prayers . She won't get results until October some time, but I will post the results when I have them. Thank you for all your love and support.

Love,

Sue

Sue, you and your mom and family are ALWAYS in our thoughts and prayers here. We'll step it up a bit for the PET.

Now waiting until October for the results............... :twisted::roll::(:x !!! That's what I think of that! All the best. Hope the docs can read the computer and dial the phone before next month :? ! all the best from Fred and me.

Love,

kasey

I just want to explain why there is such a long time before getting results. My Mom made the doctor appointment first and then later made the PET Scan appointment. She is content to wait..... ummmm I"m not , but it's her choice. Mom has made up her mind that if the cancer returns she will not go through treatment , so she prefers to live her life as though she doesn't have cancer until it's time for scans and doctor appointments. She does have other health problems and she tried Tarceva and didn't handle it well. She is convinced that chemo would greatly diminish her quality of life . It's complicated, but as we all know it's a choice that each of us has to make for ourselves. I try hard to respect and support my Mom's decisions , but if anything shows up, I do want her to know all of her options. Anyway, thank you so much for being here to help my family go through this journey.

Love,

Sue

Lots of positive thoughts and prayer for your mom Sue. For a clean PET scan and continued NED. It is too bad you have to wait so long. Others seem to get their results so quickly but I too am in a place where it seems to take awhile to get results. So my thoughts are also with you during the "wait". Take good care

Sandra