SCLC Alternative therapies used with primary treatments

ill_rob

Hi,

Along with an aggressive chemo regime (Cisplatin and Etoposide), Lung Radiation (28 treatments) and PCI (18 treatments), I have been taking 4-6 ounces of Essiac Tea and between 6-10 tablets of IP-6 with Inositol daily.

Before diagnosis (I was afraid to go in), I researched and found these products and have been taken them daily since June '07 (I was diagnosed in October '07).

I do not know what impact these have had in my remission (8 months and counting), but I know that they have not hurt and both my oncologist and pulmonologist were fine with me taking them. I continue to take these even though I am not going through any treatments at this time.

Please feel free to comment and if you wish to try these, please contact your doctors first as they may interfere with your primary treatment.

Thanks

-rob

• 2 weeks later...

Katie,

I live in northern Illinois and purchase the essiac and ip-6 at Poulson's Health Food store in Antioch. I have also purchased them at other health food stores in the area.

I am convinced that these have played a part in my remission :) and just want to get the word out about them so others might be helped.

-rob

• 3 months later...