Help with brain mets (info)

Amy T

Dad after being RX'd @ stage IV in June (lung to adrenal) has now developed two brain lesions. They plan on doing WBR in addition to lung and adrenal. I see many people on this site who have had radiation to the brain. Can you tell me what to expect? ( I know everyone is not the same...) I see a lot of people who have had it and recovered well. Dad is in excellent shape. I am hopeful that he can resume some kind of normal life after this...My brother, sister, mom and I are beside ourselves with worry, angst, sadness, etc.

Thanks

Amy

I am so sorry about your dad - prayers are being sent.

I had a tumor in the pons area of my brain. Diagnosed in December '06. I had radiation called Fractionated Linac Stereotactic Radiotherapy. Because of the location of the tumor they wanted to do a very targeted radiation. I was tired during radiation - but had no other problems. That was almost two years ago - and I am still living my life to the fullest - I pray for the same for your dad.

Peace - Janet

Amy, nothing but good wishes and positive energy to you and your family. I noticed that two out of three posts before me were from someone who has had brain mets or a loved one who has. That's what this site is all about. You come in and share and there's always someone who can relate specifically, lots of us who can relate generally.

Judy in Key West