Prayers needed!UPDATED October 5th

dscherer

Well, My mom made the appt for the headaches and dizziness today and she will have a MRI of her brain to see what is going on. I pray with all my might that this isn't cancer! Dr said we will wait and see what the scan shows and go from there. I am glad they are going to fit the scan in tomorrow....I hate waiting.

So I am asking for any spare prayers you can send her way. She is an amazing, strong woman! She is such a fighter! I am just praying for good news.

Thank you all for your support. This has become my safe haven. A place you can come to share feelings without the fear of being judged, where you always know you will be understood. A place where everyone "gets it" A place to laugh and cry.

This site is a blessing!

Thank you all,

Dana

((((((Dana)))))

Sending tons of prayers your moms way for her MRI to be negative. I know first hand how scary it is to think of a brain met - I am having a second MRI next week because of a "suspicious" spot. Something about it being your brain that is just terrifying!!! My PA told me that it is so small that just one little zap of cyberknife will fix it ------- my god, don't they understand this is your BRAIN!!!!!!

Hang in there, girlfriend. Hopefully you will be writing in the Good News Section within a few days.

Hugs - Patti B.

UPDATE.....Well I am sure you know by my lack of update till now that the news wasn't what I was hoping for. They found several small spots on the brain. I was very concerned about what they would do for treatment sine she already had PCI. Well it has been some very long days but she has started Whole Brain Radiation. Everything moved very quickly. Dr appt Wed, MRI Thursday, Radiaton onc in MAdison on Friday. They did set up and first treatment that day. My daughters birthday was Friday so we were back just in time to have her party. I have slept most of the weekend. I think I just needed it.

So, the ride continues......anyone who has had whole brain please let me know how it went.

Thank you so much for your prayers, it means alot. I am really struggling with the whole thing, but one thing is for sure, I will fight every step of the way for my mom!

Thank you all,

Dana

Hi Dana

Sorry that the news was not what you had hoped for. Everything moving so quickly is certainly a good thing. You and your Mom will be in my prayers. Take care.