Does anyone else feel this way

Gary has been a LC survivor for over three years but in the last few months I feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. It might be because he is going for his scans every 6 mos now and the 3 mos seemed so much safer.Gay's B day was yesterday and all I could think was will he be here next year? We have also moved to NC from FL but will still be seeing his wonderful ONC. We did get a backup ONC here and after interviewing several all we heard was "we have never seen anyone survive what you had" That rocked my world? We go to Fl in Nov for his 6 mos scans and I will talk to his ONC about that staement then. I hate this feeling of doom.

Lorrie

Hi Lorrie,

I long for the days when I had those feelings about my sister and her cancer. I wish I could be there to care for her now.

You and Gary are so blessed. Be thankful, of which I am sure you are, but never stop believing that Gary is going to be ok. He has come through a lot and from the looks of things, I think he is one of the more fortunate ones to have beaten this awful disease. Look forward to your days ahead with him, no matter how many there are left.

Go give him a hug and a kiss and have a great weekend!

Love,

Bobby

Thanks Bobby and I am so sorry about your sister. I just feel like I am going thru what my Mom when thru. My Dad was diag with LC at the same as as my husband was 3 years ago but my dad died 9 mos later and that was over 33 years ago plus my dad was a smoker which my husband is not.I am just so afraid and it is so hard to talk to my family members since we are a smal group. My brother and my brother in law both have wives with breast cancer and my cousin who is very close to me her husband had colon cancer and they were feeling great after 3 years went by only to find out that he had LC small cell so we all have our problems and I don't want to add to their problems. Our daughter thinks all is fine since she cannot deal with what might happen to her dad plus she has her three children and husband to take care of.Just before Gary was diag we had moved from CA where we had lived over 25 years to FL for a job transfer and we like I said now live in NC gary still working for the same co long distance. I am feeling homesick for CA as is Gary. Our daughter and her family still live in CA but our other family members live up and down the east coast. It just has been one of those days that I just had to check into this board. Thanks for letting me vent.

Lorrie

Geez, y'all have been through so much. I can relate to you about the feelings you are having. I certainly was not trying to say that you were not entitled to those feelings..I just know, that in the long run, worrying about something you can not control is wasted time.

I was in denial with Beverly, so my feelings varied so much from month to month. On the 18th of this month will be 1 year since she died. I miss her so much, but we are fortunate to have a very large family to comfort each other.

I will pray that Gary will continue to be Ned and that somehow you will find some peace of mind in all of this and be able to give yourself a break for a little while, at least.

How about a little vacation to CA for a few days? Is that possible?

Stay strong,

Love,

Bobby

Bobby I know you were not saying that. I was just venting and saying what I can't say to anyone else. I should be on this board all the time but I come only when i am worried. I should come and give support to many and I was going to do that several months ago but we were trying to sell our home in FL and you know how the market is. It took 5 mos to sell it and we were lucky to have sold it in 5 mos since many have had their homes on the market for over a year. We also bought this home in Nov before we sold so my mind was on another crisis in my (our) life.

We are going to Ca for Xmas and had been there also in July but it does cost a lot to go so we go only when Gary can arrange a business trip out there.It has just been a load on my mind sice the ONCs up here said what they did. Our Onc and our surgeon never were anything but upbeat.

Just worried but i will count my blessings that Gary is fine so far. Again I am so sorry about your sister she went through so much to fight the fight. I read your profile and saw that the ins co denied the scan. How dare they. Thank goodness she was given one by her doctor anyway. She had a one of a kind doctor not many would do that. I do know that the cancer center we go to does have a fund to do the samething.

Thank you for caring.

Lorrie