SCLC - Has anyone experineced a dry cough & numbness in

Ellen

I was diagnosed in May 2003 with sclc. It was a complete shock for me.

I was feeling fine. A routine chest exray revealed the large tumor right

next to my aorta.

I started chemo and radiation on 6/2 and just completed my last therpy on

11/21. This was the 3 weeks radiation to the brain. This was quite

debilitating.

I am lacking the energy I once had. I was very active going to my gym 4 to 5 days a week. My doctors tell me I'm doing good.

If anyone out there has had the same. I would love to hear from you.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!

Ellen

The radiation can really zap your energy. I have 2 PCI treatments left and there are days that I want to come home from treatment and take a nap! I know it will get better because I had a month between my chest radiation and my PCI and felt better so I am REALLY looking forward to January, lol.

God Bless,

MO

Ellen,

Hang in there! :) Don't overdo, like Dave C. said no snow shoveling! Just get the rest you need and pamper yourself. There will be plenty of time for you to get back to your old energy level after your body recuperates from the radiation effects. I am glad to see that the treatment prior to the PCI worked well. My FIL opted not to do the PCI after an anxiety attack. I know from my reading that it seems to improve the chance of holding off recurrences. He did end up going through with it after all when the mets recurred to the brain. By that point the cancer had spread elsewhere, too. I am not trying to bring you down with those facts. I guess I share because I want to suggest that I think doing the PCI as prevention was a good choice and even if you are a weary warrior, focus on your victory! God bless you!

Karen M.

Hi Ellen,

I seem to be just behind you in PCI treatment.. I'll have my 6th one today (I think) and will have 15 treatments in all. I had a hard time making up my mind on whether or not to have the PCI done because of the possible memory lost. But my husband told me to do it and I trust his instincts.. so far I've lost a little energy but then again I wasn't doing that much after going thru the chemo and radiation treatments to my chest.

I am so glad that you responded well to the treatments! That's great news!! Like everyone said, just pamper yourself. You've made it thru the worse part!

Warm hugs,

wenna