Dad is getting worse

Last night my Dad's brother came to visit while my sister and i were there. He snapped out of it as soon as he seen him. He told him we were all "hanging out" and asked if he could get a ride :wink: . I think he wanted to show my uncle that he was doing ok when he said he wanted to go for a walk. He got to right outside his room and couldn't hold himself up any longer, even with my uncles help. The he lost it. It's so hard seeing my dad cry and realize that he can no longer hide the fact that he is dying. I think he's trying to protect us, saying he is doing good, and also trying to convince himself that he is ok. But yesterday it hit him. I told him I was taking my sister home and asked if he wanted me to come back. He said I don't care. I told him i would be back in the morning, and he said he won't be there........he's going home.

Lillee, What can I say except I am so sorry. This is such a difficult path to travel. Perhaps your father just needed some time to process the reality that hit him so suddenly. I hope he found some peace since last night.

Judy in Key West