Checking in

Geri

Before I get in real trouble from Rochelle for still not having a hall pass I thought I'd say hi.

My real big news is that in a few weeks I shall be 7 years from dx and no sign of anything lc to be concerned about - just the usual nodules and a few malignant cells that are too few to tell if it's lc or bc.

My breast cancer seems under control, I'm now taking Aromasin which is giving me a few side effects and will be discussed on the 20th when I see my onc.

My heart is still damaged - amazing that the cure will probably be the death of me not the breast cancer.......ironic isn't it :roll: I think my biggest problem right now are the side effects, the longer I'm taking Aromasin the more fatigue and SOB are taking over. Enough of the whining, I've just had a lovely holiday in SC, got to see Kasey and Fred (and again in a couple of weeks at the walk) and Richard stays busy in the yard as long as it's not rainng :wink::lol::lol: This retirement business takes some getting used to, I don't know what I'd have done without him here last winter but now I'd like my space back please!

Well this is turning into a novel so I'm going to end here, think of us walking on Nov 1st and pray for no hurricanes, it's good to be back.

Geri

We are looking forward to the Walk too, Geri. We have Teddy all booked for his 'hotel', BUT I haven't gotten OUR reservations made yet :? . I did look online and you are right ~ many from which to choose. I'll do that post haste when I return from Bethesda.

Sorry about all the heart issues. Dontcha just HATE that LC is under control and now ya got THIS to contend with!!!!! Once again ~ my mantra ~ who wrote the book on fair :twisted: !!!!!!!!!!

Good to see you here. I have a WONDERFUL pic of you standing in front of a local town's sign. I wasn't sure you wanted it posted. If so, just say the word, and it will put out there for the whole world to see :wink: !!!! Fred never got one of the two of us :cry: .

I'm all signed up for the walk. I sent out my email to so many. I'm certain I won't get anywhere NEAR what I did tha past 2 years. Hopefully there will be many more walkers to take up some of the slack. Right now all my prayers are just for good weather on the 1st. It would be almost impossible to duplicate the perfect day we had 2 years ago.

Talk to you soon and so glad you had a wonderful vacation.

Kasey

Geri, Good to hear you're doing o.k. Congrats on the 7 years. We short-timers need that kind of inspiration. Sorry about the heart issues though and the fatigue and SOB. We do hate to be slowed down, don't we. Enjoy that retirement. I'm trying to.

I was cleaning out my LCSC inbox yesterday and saved your email about Pirateland and Cape Hatteras. I'd love to get there sometime soon.

Judy in Key West

Go for it Kasey, I was just standing there minding my own business.....not my fault that you live in such an explicit area, and with all those long dresses and such! :lol::lol:

Rochelle, I wish you the best of luck for your walk too - may the good weather fairy be looking over you too.

I forgot the best piece of news, we're going to be grandparents next March, a new baby to spoil and it'll only be 2 minutes away.

Geri

Hi Geri,

Just wanted to say Hi to you Geri. I am glad you checked in, miss you on here so much. You certainly have been through so much and I don't know how you just keep on keeping that positive attitude you have along with that sense of humor. You're amazing to me.

Our walk is also coming up on the 1st and we actually surpressed my goal of $3000.00. We we so proud of ourselves. Plus we have so many people walkiing for TEAM JOEL this year that I will have a full house afterards. Thinking of maybe making that delicious dip of yours.

Take care my friend, and I really hope to meet you one day.

Maryanne :wink:

Wow...Hi Gerri....

I've been looking for you for a long time and smiled when I saw your smiling face...So glad to see you here...and Congrat's on your 7 years coming up....Sorry about you other issues but you'll be OK cause you are a real trooper and an inspiration to all of us...Good Luck and Stay Healthy....

hugs...nonni

I saw my bc onc on Moday and before I even finished my wash list of side effects, he says - stop the Aromasin! This was what I was going to "suggest ' I"m so it was music to my ears , I wasn't going to have to either plead my case or just simply so no

Soooo, I have a PET scan in the new year (and all the usual ones too).

{ I just re-read that bit of nonsense and have no idea where it came from......I think i lost a few marbles that night!!! ( for those of you who hadn't read this before there was a sentence that made no sense what so ever so here it is ----gone)}

Anyway It's Sunday night now and I've not taken any Ativan :lol::wink::wink: so I think I'll go have a Bailey's before I go to bed.

Goodnight

Geri