We got our first miracle

Linda74

A few weeks ago, my husband was diagnosed with stage IV Adenocarcinoma....tumors in lungs, ribs, spine, pelvis, brain and adrenal glands. Last week we were in Yale New Haven Hospital because he had bilateral pulmonary embolisms and they saw that he had also had several small strokes in the brain. We were there three days. There was some confusion as to where the clots were coming from. The implanted a "filter" to stop the clots and he is now on Lovemax which I inject daily....The miracle is that our dear daughter was getting married this weekend....And he was able to walk her down the aisle and dance with her. We are back to Yale today, but we got a beautiful day with 200 friends and family and memories forever. I know we have a long hardfight ahead of us. He has lost so much weight and is so frail and ill....but he had the strength to make it to the wedding and now we must keep fighting. He has had one round of chemo....carbo platinum and Olympia, i believe. We were hoping for Avastin but the brain involvement eliminates that....Thank you for all of your support. The wedding donations all went to Lungevity.

((((((Linda))))))

I am so darn happy for you and your hubby AND your daughter. I know how you worried about him not being able to physically do the wedding.

The drug he goes on is probably Alimta????? I had 16 cycles of it. Not as easy as Avastin but it is doable. He may become very fatigued from it and SOB, but like I said, it is doable.

Wishing you all the best ..........hey, any wedding pics to share????

Hugs - Patti B.

Thank you for the doanations to Lungevity and glad to hear that treatments are in place and that he was able to be there for daughters wedding ceremonies! Hugs and prayers!!