Cortisone Shot

Marci

Hi All,

I have just posted so much lately!! But now is just I am in so much need for advice. My mother will start radiation to her shoulder. I was just curious if anyone ever had a cortisone shot for the pain to hold them over until the radation takes effect? She is just in so much pain and I will do anything for her.

Thanks-

Marci

Marci-

I am sorry I cannot answer your question but wanted to wish your mom good luck with her radiation. And hey, don't EVER apologize for how much you post - thats what this site is for.

Keep us posted on mom's progress and you take care of yourself, too.

Hugs - Patti B.

Well everyone I am posting back to my own post!!! Now its gettin crazy when you answer your own posts!!! LOL!! I just spoke to the Radiation Doc to see what we can do to hold her over till radiation relieves her pain and they said cortisone shot is not likely for this and that they would assist us tomorrow when we go with pain medication either upping what she is on now she takes hydrocodones and I think the chemo doc today mentioned to her about Dialudid. She was on the Fetanyl patch but it seems she said it made her sick to her stomach she was on 100 mg patch from I think starting at a 25. So guys cortisone shot out of the question. Ya know I know realistically there is not a magical pill for everything for this but I still hope for something to come close!

Talk to ya later-

Marci

Cortisone is great for orthopedic issues when it is inflammation causing the problem. That is not what is going on here though, so it would not likely be indicated or helpful. Pain medication is the way to go and let the Drs play around with the right combination/doses of drugs. I'm sure they will be able to help you. Good luck.