Treading Softly

Kasey

....................that's what I'm doing as I tiptoe up on beginning my 5th year as a survivor ~ dx 9/20/04 with life-saving surgery on 1/04/05. Today I just returned from NIH with yet another NED report. Actually my doctor doesn't say NED, he says, "Your scans and PET are perfect." I say YIPPEE however he chooses to say it! I gotta admit I had concerns this time ~ vision :? , headaches :? !!! Guess I just need to chalik it all up to being darn old :cry::wink::o !

I would be reimiss if I failed to mention what a hidden treasure NIH is. If anyone would like info regarding it, please do PM me. Let me just say that it does NOT matter if you think it is in your insurance network or not. It is excellent for second opinions and operates on a totally different level than the public healthcare system we are all accustomed to. Food for thought for many of you.

So...........off I go to begin another chapter in my life. Thanks once again to all of you for accompanying me on this journey. It sure would be a lonely ride without you guys! I am a lucky woman in more ways than one!!!

XOXO,

Kasey

What can I say, my dear friend, other than this is absolutely the best news. I am so happy for you and Fred (my lunch date). I know how you (and everyone else here) worries over these scans so I thought I could hear that sigh of relief all the way up here.

And perfect, always knew it. See you in December.

Kasey, How fabulous!!! You really are an inspiration to those of us coming along with less survivor time.

I was so impressed with your report or NIH when we talked. Whenever I get scared now about not being able to afford to stay at MDACC, I recall that there could be an option. Thanks for sharing. It has meant a lot.

Judy in Key West

Ah ((Kasey)).... Now you've made me cry... Tears of Joy! You ARE picture perfect in every way. I'm so happy to be a part of this chapter in your life. You are one special lady and living proof that this %#@* disease can be beat!!! Congrats on the great report. Ellie