New here, Dad has SCLC.

t.sweet

My dad was just diagnosed on Sept 21 with SCLC with a tumor in the brain and on the liver. Currently has started chemo and brain radiation, I am having my ups and downs with this, staying strong for mom and dad, but feeling very sad, angry ect......I am an only child and feel like the rug has just been yanked out from under me. My dad has never been sick. It was the tumor on the brain that sent him to the ER. Thought he had a slight stroke, could not read or write. I guess I am looking for friendship and answers to some of my questions, life as I know it has just changed its course and I am scared. I feel like I can only take in so much info at a time... is that normal??

Thank you.

T

Hi T.

I'm also pretty new at this, but the most important thing I've learned on this journey so far is to take things "one day at a time". If you don't, you will quickly lose your mind. :lol: I'm also an only child. It's very hard. This site is a godsend. So much hope and inspiration.

Cheryl

Hi there. So sorry to hear about your dad. It is just crazy to begin with but things will settle down for you once a treatment plan is in place. One day at a time is good advice. You have found a place of hope, support and information. Please keep us posted on how you and your dad are doing.

Sandra

Hello T and welcome

I am sorry to hear about your Dad but so glad you found us! As Katie said, all of your feelings right now are perfectly normal. There is just so much happening right now that it is hard to take it all in and understand it.

Please know that we are here for you and your family. The members here are wonderful at offering advice and suggestions as well as support and hope. You are bound to have many questions and concerns and undoubtedly there will be someone here at LCSC that has encountered them and be willing to share their experiences with you.

Please keep us posted on your Dad.

Sending lots of thoughts and prayers

Christine