Going Backwards

coni

Well my hubby got his CT and MRI results, his CT showed his lung and liver tumors are growing, his MRI report said brain mets stable. The Doctor wants to start him on different chemo drugs but now hubby is thinking of giving up, he was such a fighter. He just got out of the hospital and just isn't doing very well, he is weak and wont eat or drink anymore.......Thanks for letting me vent.

I'm sorry for what you are both going through. Try to get him to drink something, anything. Dehydration will land him back in the hospital pretty quickly. These set backs happen and I've seen a lot of members here get way down only to find the right drug that will stabilize things. I hope no matter what he decides that it goes well.

Rochelle

(((Coni))),

Like Ry said, do try to get him to drink even if he can't eat. I'm just so sorry he isn't doing well at this point. There are lots of options to choose from and what works for some doesn't work for others. Just know that my thoughts and prayers are with the two of you and your family as you make the next choices.

Hugs,

Sue

I just wanted to say that refusing chemo for Stage 4 LC is a perfectly reasonable choice, at least from my point of view. I have refused chemo from Day 1 and am still here, 10 months today since dx, and I still feel fine and haven't had a sick day in all this time -- something I certainly couldn't have said if I'd opted for chemo. We are all mortal and we all want to choose how we spend the time we have. So, if your husband decides to resume chemo, all the power to him, but, if he chooses not to, he's not 'giving up' -- he's just opting for a different way to spend this part of his life.

My warmest thoughts are with you both.

Ellen in PA

Ellen,

My hubby has said it's the quailty of his life that is the issue, with chemo treatments he is always sick and weak. no way to live for him..I respect his wishes, but it all scares me. I had chemo 30 years ago and it was brutal..I have made my mind up back then..never again.... I had breast cancer and didn't have treatments and that's been 5 years ago.

That's GREAT that you are doing so well!