Good News....of sorts

AndyT

Sorry I haven't been logged on much since Dad passed in January of this year. (Hard to believe he's been gone almost 10 months now). Anyway we just recieved some "good" news today that I thought I'd pass along.

The VA has completed their review of Dad's file and determined that his Vietnam service may have been a contributing factor in his lung cancer. I assume it's between the Agent Orange and his unknowing participation in Project Shad. Either way they have determined Mom is entitled to free medical care at VA hospitals and eligible for up to $1100/month for the rest of her life. $1 million/month couldn't replace Pops, but at least it is some help to mom and an acknowledgement of possible involvement. (I admit I'm sick of the, "oh he was a smoker" remark).

If you know vets that are in this fight or lost it, please contact your local VA to see if they can be of service to them or their loved ones.

Please know I think and pray for all on this board. Peace......Andy

PS - Another update, the twins arrived in March via emergency C-section. Connor Byrne and Kellie Aidyn are real joys. Somehow, someway....I know Pops visits them often.