What first brought you to the doctor?

I had pain in my shoulder, and chest. I thought where we had just moved that unpacking I had sprained or pinched a nerve. A simple xray showed a solid tumor in the apex of my right upper lobe of lung.

my Dad suddenly cough with blood that we brought him to the hospital and found that he has a mass on his lung by x-ray. More advanced scans were done by then such as CT and PET scan to make it more confirmed. BUT, the most reliable method is BIOPSY, my Dad was done the lung biopsy that he was dx with SCLC this April.

Hope this helps.

Dear Guest,

My mother had back pain that she thought was arthritis because a few drs. in the past told her so. The pain got so bad that she kept seeing different orthopedic drs. until one finally told her that her back doesn't look bad enough to create that much pain and advised her to see a hemotologist.

She is 60 yrs. old and smoked most of her life. She had chest x-rays done each year which were clear. It wasn't until she had a CT scan and MRI that we found out she had Stage IV lung cancer.

If you have any concerns please DON'T WAIT !!!!!! Be checked out soon.

All the best to you.

Kim

My husband was acting confused for a few days. He couldn't dress himself because he couldn't remember how to put on his clothes. We went to the ER and he was diagnosed right then. He had mets to the brain and liver. He had no cough. Looking back, we realized he had other symptoms-drove to the left, got lost going to work, couldn't cook well anymore.

It seems so clear now, but Gianni never complained. The day we took him to the hospital he was on the job pouring cement.

We were lucky to have him for almost nine months with a relative good quality of life. He saw his son get married and his sister came from Italy for the wedding.

Rosanne