PET scan results

SandraL

My apologies for not being on the board for awhile. I was "hiding under the covers" waiting for, getting and digesting my PET scan results. I had posted earlier that I knew they were going to be bad because my body was telling me so. I didn't really need a PET scan to confirm that but the doctors do.

I have had progression in my spine mets. And worse, where my lung was previously clear I now have several new mets on my left lung, including lymph node involvement. Even with knowing the results were not going to be good, it was still absolutely devastating to read them in print. I was obviously still "hoping" I wouldn't be right.

The plan is to stick with Tarceva for a bit longer with this scan as a baseline. I have only been on it for a short time so perhaps there is still a chance that it will work. Maybe the progression started before I got on it. Who knows.

I have had my good cry, have realized that it could have been much worse, and have put my "hopeful/fighting" game face on again.

Thanks for all your past and continued support. All of your posts have helped me through this past week of "horror". So now, I can have fun with Halloween and work on playfully scaring the heck out of my kids instead!

Sandra

Sandra I'm sorry to hear of the news but it sounds like a good thing that there giving the Tarceva some more time and it's also great to hear you have your game face back on. Keep the faith and have a great time with the kid's I know that's what I''ll be doing I'm very excited it's my daughter's first halloween and she's going as a monkey, we put the costume on her last night and I coudn't stop laughing she was so cute.

Best of luck and many positive thoughts and prayers,

Steve

Oh Sandra, I have no great words of comfort for you. I just hope you know I am cheering you and and rooting for you. I am just bummed to hear the words. Like you, THINKING and then KNOWING are two entirely different things.

This disease just sucks the life out of all of us and I don't mean by being sick with it ~ just one thing after another. I sure hope you can feel my support from Pennsylvania all the way to Canada, Sandra. I am hopeful you'll get things going in the right direction with whatever plan you follow.

Kasey

((((((SANDRA)))))))

I am so bummed over this latest news but I am glad that you have your game face on.

Have fun with the kids and enjoy you halloween.

I am pulling and praying for you that the Tarceva KICKS SOME CANCER A$$!!!!

Denise

Hey Sandra

Sorry to hear that the results wasn't better. But as you said it also could have been worse. Without the baseline it is difficult to tell if the Tarceva has been working. Now they will know for sure if it has or if they need to come up with another plan. The best part is that you are back in fighting mode. It is easy to hide under the covers but it takes alot of strength to come out fighting again. We are all here for you girl. Take care and enjoy Halloween.

Lord I hate this disease. So many prayers are with you Sandra. And yes have a blast with the kids on Halloween. Thank God for children, they do help us forget for about things for a little while don't they. My daughter and granddaughter have moved in with me and definitely the best thing that could have happened for me.

All the best Sandra, keep fighting girl!

(((((Sandra))))

So sorry to read this but its good they are keeping you on Tarceva for a while. Even though I showed some progression, they feel like your doc does that maybe it started before the Tarceva kicked in.

Am in your corner and rooting for you. Hopefully you can have some Halloween Fun with the kids!!!

Hugs - Patti B.

Sorry to hear the troubling news...But I like the idea of giving the Tarceva a little bit more of a chance. It's been Col's magic bullet so far holding the canceer in the stable position for over a year now...hoping you get teh same results if not better ones.

Hey, Sandra, a big share of my positive vibes are directed your way and have been for a while. You've had way too much to deal with for too long a time.

Glad you're up for some fun on Halloween. The "little kid" population in our neighborhood has decreased considerably over the years — this section was built over 30 years ago, and most of the residents are the original owners. So we usually have a quiet October 31.

Aloha,

Ned

Sandra,

I can understand what you mean when you say you knew but hoped you were wrong. Bummer. The best part of your message came through though, you are in fighting mode and ready and able to have fun with the kids in time for Halloween. What an example of courage and optimism you are for your children. You go girl!

Judy in Key West

Sandra:

I just read this, so sorry to hear this for you. I know and agree with Kasey. Cancer is a real pain in the butt!

I will be praying for good results with the tarceva for you. Keep your spirits high and know that we are all wishing and hoping for the best for you.

Read a good book or watch a funny movie. Keep smiling!

Betty

Sandra - I don't know how I missed this update as I was checking often as to the PET results. It downright sucks that the results weren't better, but like you said hope springs eternal right!

Perhaps the progresson happened before Tarceva had a chance to do its work as you mentioned - that has happened to many before. How are you feeling overall? Has the rash calmed down somewhat as I seem to recall it was quite bad.

Sandra, I have hope and belief that you will tame this lion and I am cheering you on every step of the way. Now, Tarceva ... kick butt!!!

Huge Alberta hugs coming your way,

your friend, Linda