hospice

Don M

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don what can I say? I just broke down when I read your post. You have been on here almost the same as me and you have helped me so much getting through so many hurdles with encouragement and support.

You have posted with such knowledge and dignity and my heart breaks that it has come to this.

I wish I had some words of wisdom to say to help you though this, but I know the kind of gentleman you are that you have accepted what G-d has in store for you. He has plans for you asI know you know that as you are a religious man.

I pray for you and lit a candle in your name. It shines brighly as you are and always will be to me a friend whose presence will always shine in my heart of hearts.

Please take comfort to now how much you loved on here.

Maryanne

Don,

This breaks my heart Don. You have been such an advocate for yourself and all of us and taught me many things over the past years. You always seem to research and find the best for you and I am sure you have decided well on home hospice. I hope you don't need them for a while and when you do I hope it is a long, long time.

You have been in my prayers for years now and will remain so. Keep us posted as you can.

Nina

Don,

Brian always had me read your posts to him.

He once said: "Don and I would be great friends".

We respect you and your attitude and came to love you as family.

My faithful prayer is that you have lots of time to relish this chapter and live it to the fullest as you have lived every previous chapter of this journey.

May our God hold you close and may you find joy and laughter and peace in your new room.

Many hugs

Pat

Don, you've been my inspiration, support and always just there whenever I've had a crisis to weather, or good news to share. There have been many of these times and you've never failed to prop me up.......consider this my prop for you as you take on this next leg of your journey.

Take care my firend, I'll be with you in spirit.

Geri

Don, you've been the glue on so many occasions that held this family together through some very rough times. Please know I am here for you during this part of your bumpy ride. I hate that this is happening to you. I hate cancer. I am saying prayers each and ever day that they find a cure.

Hi Wendy,

I've been really worried about you and Maurice. As far as I can tell, your post today is the first one in ages and ages and ages. Someone said you had gone to Michigan for the summer, but we never heard anything from you.

How is Maurice doing? And how are you holding up. I don't have any experience at it, but I do understand that it must be very, very hard to be a family member.

I hope everything is all right.

Muriel

Dear Don,

I don't get here very often anymore for any length of time, but I had seen another of your posts recently about the hospice situation to which I replied.

If I haven't said it before you are and have been a most helpful, supportive, and grand gentleman to me and to Bill, and no doubt to many, many others.

Whenever I posted, Don, you were there with a word of encouragement (on the other board, as well). We owe you so much in gratitude. Support is so important in this journey, and you have been steadfast in the walk.

You will be in my prayers, and without doubt, in my thoughts as we move forward.

My hope is that hospice will be full of Q of L, and that you will have a long and loving time.

I will be looking for your posts as you continue to advise with your usual wisdom.

God Bless you,

Barbara

Don,

I have read this many times and tried to compose my thoughts to say all the things I want to say . Don , you are such a giver and even at this point in your journey you are still sharing and giving to us. I can't begin to tell you how much I admire you as a person and I want you to know what an inspiration you have been to so many of us and you still are. You are definitely on my list of heroes. God be with you , Don . May you be blessed with lots of quality time with your family and friends. Know that many prayers are coming your way.

Love,

Sue

(((((((Don))))))))

As others have said, you have always been such an inspiration to this board and you are one the most caring people I have ever known. I always light up when I see you have answered one of my threads because of your wisdom.

I, too, hope that you will not need the hospice services for a while. Please, please keep us updated on how you are doing.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Patti B.