hospice

Don M

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Don,

Its really scarey not hearing from you. Been thining of you and my healing candle shines brightly for you my friend,

Include me in on a big hug.....

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((DON))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Maryanne

(((((((Don))))))) It's been a month I see since your post. Hope your at home enjoying your new digs, that the bump in your road is smoothing out. I am always amazed by your strength and dedication when it comes to beating down this ugly monster. May the the hospice interview act as one big umbrellla that now you have; so it wont rain for a long, long time. Hope you check in soon so we can remind you how much you are missed when you are away from the site. Mary

Don - I don't check in very often, but I was surprised to read your post. Surprised I guess because you really do seem like "Superman" to me. You have continued to fight back with knowledge, spirit and determination every step of the way and yet you have always recognized the limitations this disease has imposed on you and accepted it with such dignity. So, regardless of hospice on the horizon, you are and always will be a hero to me. Know that I will continue to pray for many, many wonderful days ahead.

I am also sending a big cyber hug ((((Don)))).

Warm wishes,

Linda

Don,

I just wanted to tell you that I am thinking of you and praying for you during the coming weeks and months. Like many of the others, I have to tell you what an inspiration you have been and how much warmth comes from your many many posts.

Don,

I am so sorry about this latest turn of events for you. Moving down to the first floor sounds like a good idea. I'm glad that you've heard favorable reports about hospice care where you are.

I'm also unbelievably embarrassed about what I did 3 - 4 weeks ago. Apparently I had intended to respond to your post and to pm Wendy re: not hearing from them for so long. It looks as tho. I submitted the pm to Wendyr as a response to your post and then just sorta "moved on." I've checked several times to be certain I had responded to you and always saw my name in the left column, but didn't read what I wrote. So, so sorry.

You've been a wonderful inspiration to so many people here. Praying for a peaceful journey for you.

Muriel

• 2 weeks later...

Don,

So sorry to hear this news. You were one of the first people to offer me encouragement when I was diagnosed in 2006. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. Thoughts and prayers going to you and your family.

Jerry