Need Prayers for Mom! (UPDATE 11/15)

shineladysue

I'm exhausted and have only a short time to sleep, but we desperately need your prayers for our mom. She had her surgery on Thursday . She has developed pneumonia in two lobes of her right lung and only has 1 1/2 lungs left and COPD. She is on ventilator, will be getting a bronchoscopy in the am and is being put on antibiotics. We have a long story to tell, but for now.. we just need all the thoughts prayers and healing vibes you have..

Love,

Sue & family

Another exhausted post. Thank you guys so much for all your prayers. Today was better than yesterday, but yesterday was a day from hell. We are still faced with Mom having an infection . A bronchoscopy was done , samples were taken and sent to the lab. Dr. reported that he removed, blood , clots and what looks like infection. He has put her on an antibiotic for starters and called in the infectious disease team.. they are tops in identifying infection, and prescribing the proper antibiotic. Mom is allergic to everything

which makes the job harder. Anyhow, she is still on ventilator , but is writing us notes right and left on paper. Overall her vitals are stablized and much improved. If they can just get her through the infection, I think she will be ok ..

Oh and something else that you just will not believe..... the tumor they went into remove and all surrounding tissue was BENIGN!!!! Good news , yes , but as we look at what has happened as a result of this operation... well, it certainly stirs a lot of emotions. Thank God.. not cancer, but ...... she might have never needed the surgery at all.

That's it for today guys. Take care and again thank you. Gotta run so we can do another 12 hr hospital day tomorrow.

Love,

Sue

Only time to ask for continued prayers for mom, please!!! She is still in ICU and has what appears to be pneumonia in part of her lung. Still on vent, with a temp feeking tube in her mouth now. Had a bronchoscopy, but the samples somehow got lost .. new sputum sample had to be taken yesterday. She is on antibiotic , but it doesn't seem to be knocking it out. Gonna be another long day ... Thank you so much to everyone who is pulling for her.

Love,

Sue

Just a quick post to let you know that Mom is still in ICU. Her surgery was one week ago today. She is battling pneumonia now. She was doing better yesterday... time will tell. Will write more later this eve if I get time. We have been spending 12 hr days up there with her. (We=my sister, Dad and I)

Love,

Sue

Sue, I'm so sorry I missed your earlier posts. Sounds like you are all still in the thick of things though. Glad to hear there was some improvement in your Mom's condition though. I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and energy her way, your way too. You must be exhausted!

Judy in Key West