Getting to Know You........

Ann

I've pretty much stopped "collecting." In the past, I've collected coffee cups from places we have lived or visited, refrigerator magnets, key chains, . . . and have run out of spaces for these once wonderful items. When we downsized and moved to FL, I decided the "collecting" had to stop.

Muriel

I collect wine corks. From wine we drink when we are celebrating something special with family or friends. With a felt pen I note the date, the occasion and who we drank it with on the cork. And then I collect all the corks in a lovely vase. Works well for bringing home souvenirs from trips as well.

And I do like wine.

Sandra

Like Muriel, I've almost stopped collecting. I would have to say that my favorite things to collect now are pictures of the grandbabies!!! Oh...almost forgot...I do have quite a collection of cookbooks. I just don't know what it is about cookbooks that makes me feel the need to keep on buying them. It's not like I cook a lot....just like the recipes...lol!!!

I, like Muriel, collect coffee mugs from my travels. BUT, they have to be tall and skinny and cannot scream souvenir. And yes, my mug cabinet overflows, but each one brings back fun memories.

I also collect antique sterling silver napkin rings. I either have to LOVE them or they have to have dates or initials that are meaningful.

And just recently I am collecting golf balls from all the courses I play.

So you can see that I only collect memories.

I used to collect turtles.. haven't in awhile. But my biggest collection has to be my books. I love books. I hate to borrow (either from a friend or library) I NEED to own them. I have a bunch of really old books that belonged to my Grandmother. She would write the year that she got it onthe inside of the front cover, most of them are from the 1930's. My favorite 2 are Gone with the Wind and Weuthering Heights. They are soo old i almost hate to touch them.