I have missed you all so much!!!

Carleen

Thanks everyone for all the warm responses.

I've finally gotten out and went Christmas shopping one day this past weekend. Boy, it took so much out of me, the malls were crazy. I think this next weekend Keith and I are going to get a tree and decorate and maybe that will get us more in a festive mood.

Eileen, I have been told that I look like Nicole Kidman before, but only by Keith. He tells me that he likes Nicole as an actress because She looks like ME. (I get top billing because I had the look first, I'm older).

Deb, Keith and I are looking into a few other Clinical trials. One that we will probably start regardless of anything else is Sandostatin. It doesn't have any proven benefits for tumor decrease, but it does show a percentage of people with Carcinoids have stable disease from its use. We are also looking into radioactive isotope therapy. Indium I think it is called. It's a treatment were they test your tumors to see if they have specific hormone receptor sites. (Many tumors attract a certain hormone or other that binds to the tumors). If they find your tumor has these hormone sites, they give injections of that hormone with radioactive material attached to the hormone so that it is like direct radiation to the tumor site. This is suppose to work on multiple tumor sites at one time. The study is fairly new, but from what I've read has had positive results in over 30% of participants. Keith was tested with an Octreoscan and has shown he has hormone uptake sites. The only other hold back is that this study has a long waiting list. We are trying to contact a doctor in Iowa who is associated with this study and may be able to get him in.

These are the two that we know of right now, and our doctor is research some others.

Thanks Guys for all the support. I love you all, really!!!

Carleen

Thanks everyone for all the warm responses.

I've finally gotten out and went Christmas shopping one day this past weekend. Boy, it took so much out of me, the malls were crazy. I think this next weekend Keith and I are going to get a tree and decorate and maybe that will get us more in a festive mood.

Eileen, I have been told that I look like Nicole Kidman before, but only by Keith. He tells me that he likes Nicole as an actress because She looks like ME. (I get top billing because I had the look first, I'm older).

Deb, Keith and I are looking into a few other Clinical trials. One that we will probably start regardless of anything else is Sandostatin. It doesn't have any proven benefits for tumor decrease, but it does show a percentage of people with Carcinoids have stable disease from its use. We are also looking into radioactive isotope therapy. Indium I think it is called. It's a treatment were they test your tumors to see if they have specific hormone receptor sites. (Many tumors attract a certain hormone or other that binds to the tumors). If they find your tumor has these hormone sites, they give injections of that hormone with radioactive material attached to the hormone so that it is like direct radiation to the tumor site. This is suppose to work on multiple tumor sites at one time. The study is fairly new, but from what I've read has had positive results in over 30% of participants. Keith was tested with an Octreoscan and has shown he has hormone uptake sites. The only other hold back is that this study has a long waiting list. We are trying to contact a doctor in Iowa who is associated with this study and may be able to get him in.

These are the two that we know of right now, and our doctor is research some others.

Thanks Guys for all the support. I love you all, really!!!

Carleen