just some thoughts

beatlemike

Hi everyone,I know a persons faith (what he does or doesnt believe in) is a very personel thing.Without making this a religious discussion or what is right and what is wrong. I was wondering if any of you have ever had a spirtual awakening,awareness or a experience you would like to share.Ned made a post awhile back that kind of hit home with me. He mentioned when he was first dxed about how thoughts came in to place how we were all connected.I dont know if he was speaking of a spirtual level or just a common thought. When my father passed about 20 years ago it was the first time I ever witnessed the dying process.And it was a very dramatic experience to watch the life leave him.As we all know the run of emotions we go thru including the one of helplessness and not being able to do anything to help.That night(I dont know if I was dreaming or in that fine space between sleep and awakeness. I had a feeling or awareness that everything was ok.That death is not the end of our existance.It was like we go on to something much greater than this.Where we all become one. Everyone and everything is there but it is differant. There was no longer ego.I was a part of something much greater than myself.But death was no longer something to be feared but something to almost look to forward to.I have never had this awareness(as I call it) since then but it has always been in the back of my mind.I dont know if it was just my emotions playing with me or if it was a greater power giving me comfort when I so much needed it.I like to think the later.If you have any thing you would like to share please do.Maybe it was a thought or something that happened . Like I a said at the beginning I know a persons faith is a very personal thing and this is not meant to offend anyone.

I had a feeling or awareness that everything was ok. That death is not the end of our existence. It was like we go on to something much greater than this. Where we all become one. Everyone and everything is there but it is different. There was no longer ego. I was a part of something much greater than myself. But death was no longer something to be feared but something to almost look to forward to.

That's very close to what I felt that day in the hospital, and what I still feel. For me, it doesn't involve religion or faith, but I can fully appreciate that someone else could have the same thing happen and consider it a religious experience.

At cancergrace.org (Dr. West's site) we had a fascinating discussion which starts here...

http://cancergrace.org/forums/index.php ... 36#msg4036

...and my contribution is here:

http://cancergrace.org/forums/index.php ... 22#msg4122

You'll see some familiar names in the thread! Aloha,

Ned