So so results

TracyD

I got my scan results friday, but found that I couldn't post them until I was able to process them myself. That finally came today when the remaining question from my scan was answered.

The bottom line is that I got a mixed bag of results. It seems funny that when I've told this to people, along with the actual results, they take it as good news, I don't quite see it that way. It's definitely not BAD news, but good news???????

The area that was new in the abdomen last time has diminished, as did the lymph nodes. However, the primary tumor continues to grow and press on a couple of ribs causing a bit of discomfort, but not too bad. Some nodules have shrunk, others have grown. The biggest area of concern at this time is the spread to my spine, I now have a spot at the base of my spine. I am having an MRI saturday and am meeting with a radiation oncologist on tuesday to determine a course of action. Consistent with my last scan, I have lost a lot of volume in my right lung, it is still working but it is about half the size it used to be.

I continue to feel good and go on with my life. I will not worry about things that I have no control over. Those things I will place in Gods hands, and my wonderful oncologist.

Tracy

Hi Tracy. I am so sorry about the so so news. We all hope and pray for better. And I totally understand about the need to process results before posting them here. It usually takes me a number of days. I hit rock bottom and think the absolute worst and then the sun begins to shine again. There are a couple of key people that I can go to, vent and that actually make me feel better.

Good luck with the possible radiation to the spine. I have had same. If you are in pain, unfortunately the pain will get worse before it gets better.

I sincerely pray that you have good news to celebrate in the future. But in the meantime, I like your attitude. We just need to keep living our lives and fighting the best we can. The rest is in someone else's hands.

Take care and enjoy every day

Sandra

Tracy, thanks for the update. Radiation should take care of the spot on the spine quickly. As for the rest, it is what it is. What is exceptional, however, is your strength and your "full speed ahead" attitude. I think that matters as much as any treatment and on that score you are way ahead of the game.

Susan

Hi Tracy,

My last scan results were no progression and even alittle bit of the cancer receded. I have sc and it is now in my pelvic area and a rib. Same here, everybody was congratulating me and high-fiving - I guess that's good but I guess I wanted more improvement.

My first diagnosis (NSCLC) was Dec. '99 -in remission for 4 years and then got hit with sclc. I am on chemo again and bald again but I figure the longer I hang out the more chance of "them" finding a cure. You sound like you are a strong person and you are young - just hang in there, and take care of yourself.

God Bless,

Nancy B

Oh Tracy, I totally understand your mixed feelings. We go through so much when doing treatments, etc., and like you I think we HOPE we will rid this cancer once and for all.

Your attitude is what is important for you and turning it over is the only thing you can do.

Your so right about not being able to worry about what you have no control over. Easier said then done sometimes but it's the only way to deal with it.

Saying extra prayers for you. Thanks for posting your update to us, I know that's not always easy to do either. (((((TRACY))))))

We knew it was scan time and have been waiting to hear. We are sorry and understand your feelings about the mixed bag. We continue to hold onto hope and and, as always, many prayers. To those you've shared with and feel it is good news..well...just don't know about that.

Love,

Aunt Kasey and Uncle Fred

Hi Tracy,

Sorry to hear about your latest news!!

I wanted to let you know also that I have had a couple of mets to my spine, pelvis and skull that I have had radiated over the last 3 years. I was able to get pretty quick pain relief with the radiation and the spots continue to remain ned.

You are in my prayers and thoughts, keep us posted,

Wendy

Tracy,

I'm sorry your news was so so. I'm still waiting for my Dr. to explain my last scan as the only thing I understood was that I have more fluid around the heart causing my fatigue probably.

Keep that great attitude and continue to try and have some fun with your kids.

(((Tracy)))

I always look for updated posts from you. Thank you so much for keeping us informed. Your positive outlook and commitment to win is such an inspiration. You continue to be in my prayers each and every day. Now I'm going to add your oncologist to the prayer list. Let's hope that your next scan marks sooooo much improvement. Ellie