My mom is dying now

AnneBurris

Guest cbysea1

I am very sorry Anne, about whats going on with your Mom.

You are such a good daughter.

I know how much your Mother must love you.God Bless you both.

Sometime when I get better (2 week chemo break)I am going to Wichita for a week.

We can have that cup of coffee.

I am praying for you,

Cheryl

Anne and Debbie412,

Am saying a special pray this morning that both your moms are doing as well as can be this morning. I know what you are feeling for I have been there in the past and it is very hard to go through but God put us in this position because he knows he can count on us to help our loved ones during this transition. God be with you both and your moms.

Anne, and Debbie,

I pray that you are able to handle this difficult time with fortitude and grace. The others are correct, about getting to the point where most of what we have left is our dignity, and hopefully our wishes will be respected. It is hardest for the caregivers, and I feel for you, I truly do.

I pray that during this time your mothers are not in pain, or suffering unduly. I pray that you all have the grace to deal with the difficult times, and find the strength you need to keep going.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

MaryAnn

Anne,

I am so sorry to hear about your mom and all that you are going through. Your post echoed so much everything that my family and I went through with my dad's passing. Everything happened so quickly and it is as if you are on auto-pilot because you just can't believe or deal with what is actually happening. You have never experienced this before - nor had I - but you must have faith that you are doing the right thing. Do not second guess your decision to keep her at home and without a feeding tube - you would only be prolonging her pain. (nor should you worry about ensure and gleevec, etc.) I took a lot of comfort that my dad was at home and surrounded by all of us. I know an earlier post encouraged you to let your extended family know what is going on. You and your father are the best judges of that but if you think that your mother would want to see them, let them know and have them make the decision. You don't ever want to let this time go without saying all the things that you want to say. As difficult as it was seeing my beloved dad the way he was the last 3 days of his life, I consider myself so fortunate to have been with this incredible person when he needed me (and my family) most. that is a gift - a lot of people lose their loved ones in accidents or suddenly and aren't able to be there to hold their hands. I am blessed, as are you, to be there. Continue to hold your mom's hand and tell her all the things you want to say - she can hear you. It is so clear from all of your posts what a wonderful mom she is and how devoted a daughter you are.

You, your mom and entire family are in my prayers.

Dear Anne,

I feel so bad about what is happening right now for you. My Mom was at home also, she did not want to die in a hospital, so when her last breathes were so labored, we called 911, she never really made it.... But I know that is what she wanted in her heart. My thoughts are with you, don't give up on God, I was very angry at first and now have realized that she wanted to die and God gave her peace. May he give you the strenght you really need now.

Dona

Ann,

I am so sorry for what you and your family are going through right now. Try not to think about what you should do and could do verses what you are doing. Your mom expressed her wish not to go to the hospital and you are respecting that. Although it is hard on you, know that she is comforted being home surrounded by her family and all the people and things she loved. I also agree that you should let all the extended family know what is going on, and let them make their own decisions. Some will choose to come and can leave if your mom holds on longer than they can be there. Others will wait. The worst case would be to not get the chance to say goodbye or make the choice.

You are such a loving daughter, and your wishes that God take your mother and show mercy despite the loss it incurrs shows just how much you love her. I am sure she knows and feels that love, and the love you are able to share is a reflection of the love she has shown you throughout life.

I am very sorry you are at this place, but know that your presence makes her transition easier.

I will be praying for your mom, for you and for your whole family.

God Bless,

Carleen