Excellent booklet..

MsC1210

When Jerry began the "dying process" our Hospice nurse gave us copies of a wonderful booklet written by Barbara Karnes.

The book is entitled, "Gone From My Sight; The Dying Experience" It is a small booklet with very, very empowering messages. This booklet is used as a guideline only and explains th signs and symptoms as a person begins their journey into the dying process.

Personally I found it to be a huge comfort for myself and even more so in helping my Mom understand and accept what was happening as Jerry slipped away from us.

If your Hospice does not have this book, you can find more information about obtaining a copy through Barbara Karnes' web site...

www.bkbooks.com

I am not familiar with her other books, but also available through this site are;

"My Friend, I Care; The Grief Experience"

and

"A Time To Live - Living With A Life-Threatening Illness"

These booklets are inexpensive price~wise but the one we were given was invaluable!

Barbara Karnes, RN, is an award winning hospice nurse and nationally prominent speaker on the dynamics of dying.