I remember once...

KatieB

My husband and I are constantly creating wonderful memories but one of my favorite memories would have to be 28 years ago when our daughter was born.

I remember the smile on his face as he said, she is better than any boy we could have had. (there went the "every father wants a son theory") :)

Today, she remains a "Daddy's girl" and his pride and joy.

Jean

I had to to go the grocery store today so this memory came back to me.

It was the first time my dad used one of those "scooters" they have at the grocery store for customers to use who need them. Anyway, he was in the middle of treatments and was so fatigued and walked slowly with a cane- so the scooter was a great idea for us to get out and spend some time together.

He did a bit of shopping and it was a slow process and he was starting to get the hang of the scooter and I walked slowly beside him.

Half-way down the aisle he remembers he needs something he just passed up- but he has trouble going into reverse, finally gets so frustrated he decides to do a 360 turn in the middle of the aisle and he guns the thing and it spins around so fast and he goes straight into the beans sections...he crashed right into the shelves and cans were everywhere....

We laughed so hard. I don't remember a time after that that we laughed so hard.

Miss you daddy,

(((hug)))

More than one but they are short:

Jim and I in Ross's and me looking at something I want to buy, Jim says "And you need that why?" He said that a lot.

Jim arriving at my house and seeing a ladder shelf I bought while he was busy with hurricane clean-up. "You bought a shelf without me!?!

We're having dinner at Friday's after shopping. This is a special gift to me. Jim thinks having real meals is irrelevant. After chatting through dinner and catching up, Jim leans back and says "this is so relaxing." I say "then why don't we do it more often." Just months before he died.

I miss my friend so much.

Judy in Key West

I remember when Deb and I decided to move up here from Florida! we sold her Mercury cougar with 200,000 miles and traded in my toyota truck with 130,000 and leased a ford ranger. Rented a small Uhaul truck. cleaned out our apartment in Lantana across from the airport (Municipal, not international!!) and loaded up both vehicles with everything we could fit. If it wouldnt fir it stayed behind. then we headed up I95 in two vehicles. As long as we could see each other we were ok. Got worried around jacksonville where roads are confusing but we wound up at same hotel that night!

We got here with no money but we had each other and that was all that mattered.

Thats my fave story after 10 years with her!! :lol::lol::lol:

Dennis always went hunting in Colorado around the end of October. He would send his deposit to the guide service and then work for months, making checklists and getting ready for the trip with his hunting buddies. During his treatment, around July, he mentioned the trip to his oncologist. When this came up, the doctor gave me this long, "what do we do now" look, as Dennis had never wanted to know how much time he might have left. Dr. Kayalah immediately started thinking of reasons that Dennis should not make the trip...but Dennis always had a solution. First, the doctor said he was worried about the mets to his spine and the effect shooting a rifle might have on his spine. Dennis' answer...I'll go but I won't shoot. I'll just enjoy the time with my friends. The concerns and replies from Dennis just kept coming. Finally, when Dennis said he had to ride up the mountain on horseback, the doctor mentioned that ticks on the horses could be an issue and Dennis seemed to give in. But...that was my Dennis....never giving up on life!!!

Dad was a prankster with the grandsons (my two boys and my sisters two boys). He had about 3 Halloween masks. He would put one on, go out the back door and then come around and ring the doorbell. The boys would answer and run screaming. Or - he would go out the back door and ring a little bell he had that sounded like the ice cream truck. All the kids would go bounding out the door looking for the ice cream man that came around every day.

I wonder if any of the neighbors thought he was nuts when they saw him walking around the house with a Halloween mask or ringing a bell!

I rememeber when my mother told a truck driver not to park in front of our driveway because she will be going out soon. He brushed it off with a "I'll only be a minute." Well, that was a mistake he wouldn't soon forget. She went in his cab and took his keys out of the ignition and went to a neighbors house and hid out so he would now be inconvinienced as she felt she had been. Of course this upset my father because he was a truck driver.

Moral of the story, messing with or ignoring Randy was always a bad idea!!!

When I moved into this house, I made three planting boxes along the privacy fence that my Daddy and I installed. I needed fill dirt to go in them but I thought I also needed some "nutrients". So I asked Daddy if he could get me about a BUCKET of the manure mixture he always mixed into his garden. I came home from work and thought it smelled like a hog truck had driven by. But the smell lingered. Then I noticed that one of my doxies was eating something and the other one was rolling in something. Daddy had snuck over and filled up all three boxes with "hot" hog manure and cotton boll mixture. I was furious but he thought it was hysterical and loved to tell that story.

My dad had his laryngectomy two years prior to his lung cancer diagnosis. He was given a device that had a microphone on a headpiece and a speaker that he would wear around his waist to amplify his voice. (Imagine the guy at the McDonalds drive-thru).

Anyway, he went on a trip to California with some relatives a couple of years back and they decided to go to the Redwoods in California. Well, my dad had seen a special on TV all about the Redwoods and was telling my Uncle everything he learnedt while they were walking around. He was wearing his amplifier at the time.

About 20 minutes later, they realize that they are being followed by about 10 other people who thought that my dad was a Park Ranger Tour Guide!

Needless to say, we told dad that he should've went with it much longer and then told everyone that it was $20 each for the tour!!! I'm still laughing just thinking about it.