Enough is Enough

Hi Everyone....I really wish I didnt have to do this but I have more bad news to add to all the rest thats been going on..My dad got results back from his pet scan and there is activity where the lower lobe was removed. Thats really not even the worse news, because of the pulmonary fibrosis he cant get any chemo....The reason is because he is too weak.. His onc believes the activity is cancer......Is it possible for the activity not to be cancer? This is our first experience with a pet scan and I'm not really sure how they work...Any way mom and dad are in florida right now(their winter home)so I have decided to go down there to visit and try to find alittle bit more out....I dont know they just dont ask these doctors enough questions.....They are both devasted right now, even though my dad would never let on and let any one worry about him... He really is a great man...I wish you guys knew him....oh well I'm leaving wed. and I wont have access to a computer and I really hope this is the last of the bad news for all of us....Enough is enough....Take care and add another to your prayers please......cathy

Cathy,

Oh Cathy.. Enough is Enough!!!!....I'm so sorry to hear that your Dad is having all of these problems. I can tell how worried you are, I'm glad that you are going to be with them. I know how difficult it is to be so far away and it certainly will make you feel better to talk to the doctors yourself. Don't feel bad about posting! I am sending you my prayers and support. Have a good trip and give your dad extra hugs. Here's one for you too! (((((((((Cathy))))))))

God Bless you and your family,

Laurie

Thanks friends for the prayers and support. I stayed away from the boards for a while because I was just tired of cancer. Does anyone else ever feel like that? Then I stopped feeling sorry for myself,and thought of all the wonderful people here and all the support I really was missing and how everyone is here to help each other. Sorry I swayed....talk to you all in a week.......cathy

Hey Cathy,

I was just sitting here reading your message about being tired of cancer?!

WOW, you took the words right out of my mouth. Sometimes I know for me, I need to walk away from some of the cancer issues. Although at times that's hard to do, being I facilitate a Lung Cancer Support Group, plus I am a Phone Buddy for ALCASE, etc..... Plus my own issues of being a cancer survivor. It's funny, sometimes I even forget I am a Lung Cancer Survivor!! When I listen to others and get so involved with everyone else's issues, I then totally forget all about mine!! Not that I have any major ones at this time, but there are times, even I need to vent or unload, or walk away from lung cancer issues, and I find I don't do that as often as I should. Do you do that????? It's okay to feel sorry for yourself every now and then, as long as you know enough to snap out of it!! :) We have all earned the (POOR ME'S) every now and then.

Well anyway, it's okay in my book that you walk away now and then. To much of anything isn't healthy!!! hhehehe! Wishing good things for you.

Warm and Gentle Hugs,