Getting to Know You - Wednesday, November 26

Ann

I am in charge of veggies. I can not tell a lie, I bought this great cauliflower and squash dish from Wegman's. I'll just repackage in my own dish. I am also making the proverbial green bean casserole. And also, the family joke of creamed onions. I'm vacillating about buying a bag of corn for the children.

I always have to make green bean casserole for my oldest son. A holiday meal just isn't the same for him if you don't have that dish. I'll also have candied yams, corn casserole, gingered carrots and macaroni and cheese. I'm not a huge turkey fan, so I'm just going to load up on veggies. I usually buy a small ham but since the turkey is a big one, I'm passing on the ham this year. I love veggies and can make a meal just fine with no meat on my plate.

Green bean casserole

My aunt's scalloped corn

One of our sons doesn't like the corn dish and all three dislike the green bean casserole. This year we're having ham, asparagus, potato salad, fruit salad, rolls, and a very small pumpkin pie as my husband and I are the only ones who eat pie. Don't know how I raised these "health nuts."

Muriel

Ruths Chris Sweet potato casserole with Pecan and Brown Sugar topping!! This is our most popular side dish all year long and we sell it by the pan at holidays to our customers and give to our employees!!!!