Getting to Know You - Tuesday, December 2

Ann

I'm going to have a tough time answering my own question...lol!!! There are a few things on television that I watch loyally. But...there is nothing like curling up with a good book and really getting lost!! But...if I had to choose one, I would have to pick a book!!!

My fave author doesnt publish much anymore!! Tom Clancey wrote great military books and now does mostly video games. So tv wins now but reading used to!!!!!

Actions speak louder than words and I find I have unfortunately shifted to TV. I used to be an avid reader and have given away hundreds and still hoard old books I can't part with. I'm out of the loop you might say in book selections. I've bought and started two recently and don't care for either of them. I need to start going to the library again like a friend of mine does. But I am looking forward to reading The Giver with my grandson over the holidays.

Judy in Key West

Picture books don't count if the one in the center is only wearing a staple, Bruce!

I used to read, a lot. I used to do cross stitch and crochet, quick enough to finish six scarves before Christmas that were started two weeks before... That was BC, when I could concentrate on patterns and follow a sentence. Now, I have to re-read everything so many times, I just give up and watch TV. It's easier to snuggle with doggies when watching TV, they don't bump my arm and move the picture.... ;)

I used to always have a book on the go and probably more so before kids. I especially liked to curl up with a good book in bed. It would always help me go to sleep. Then I was traumatized with having to wear glasses a few years ago. I don't have to wear them all the time but do for small print and reading for any length of time. And darn it those glasses aren't comfortable to wear in bed so my reading has tapered off. I really enjoy getting into a good book though so need to get back at it.

Sandra