Remembering Darryl

MsC1210

I know that not everyone here remembers Darryl Barnes, but I know that those who do, will relate to this post.

Darryl was taken from this earth 2 years ago, December 7th. It does not seem possible that it’s been 2 years.

I was blessed and fortunate to get to know Darryl in the time that he was a member here on LCSC and I am so thankful for that. Darryl overcame many odds in life before being diagnosed with lung cancer. In a lot of ways the cancer was a walk in the park compared to some of the things he had already battled and beaten.

I’ve never met ANYONE who truly appreciated life’s smallest gifts the way Darryl did. He would call me after every doctor’s appointment or test or chemo or radiation and no matter how bad the news might have been he always took something positive from it. Even in his last days he was upbeat and positive as he made the decision to stop treatment and let things take whatever course they would as the doctors did all that they could to keep his pain in control. His uncle phoned me and gave me the details of his final days and I am so grateful to know that it was as pain free as possible.

The one phone call from Darrell that I will never forget was the night he called me to say that the scan and test results were all back and that he had realized his latest goal, he was NED. I remember the joy in his voice and the happiness. Although that period of NED did not last long, he was just so happy to have heard those words. It was one of the brightest moments in his fight. He never questioned it or lost any time worrying about IF it would last, he cherished every single moment of life from that moment on. Even when the cancer returned.

I just wanted to take a moment to remember a wonderful and inspirational friend.; not only of mine but to many others here on the LCSC boards.

Darryl F. Barnes.. August 3, 1962-December 7, 2006

Oh Chris, I can't believe it's been 2 years already. He is looking down at you and all and is sending love and support each and everyday. Thank you for keeping Darryl's memory alive for all of us and for those that didn't know him.

(((((((((((((((((((((CHRIS))))))))))))))))))))))

May today pass softly with wonderful and warm memories of Darryl.