Question about acheness

Isunique

Hi guys

I have a question for you all. I have been having a pain in my left shoulder, like the kind that you get when you carry something for a long time. Ladies, you know the one that you get from having your purse on your shoulder for a long time, that's it. My tumor was in my ULL, stage 1b, clear last scans in September. Am I making too much of it and worrying for naught, or shoud I make an appointment with my PCP? My husband is going through tests right now for epilepsy, so I don't want to worry him.

I was hoping that it was just a pain from working out, but it hasn't gone away.

Thanks bunches for your help.

Sarah

Hi Sarah. When it comes to lung cancer, as far as I am concerned any new ache or pain is worth following up. I didn't follow up on my back pain as soon as I should have as I convinced myself I had just pulled it somehow. Then I started reading here about spine mets...and sure enough! So always good to be safe than sorry. I think only an x-ray or a CT scan would clear you of any lc concerns. Please try not to worry too much and keep us posted.

Sandra

Hi Sarah!

Well I am one that always says, lets not second guess what aches or pain are these days. Peace of mind is worth all the gold in China and anywhere else you want to find it. :wink: YES, make an appointment. Better to be safe then sorry. This little bugger (LC) can pop up at anytime and anywhere! :roll::evil:

Please know I am hopeing it's nothing, but let the doctor determine that. Check back with us when you find out what's going on! Sending good vibes your way.

(((((((((Sarah))))))))

My husband Ron, was having constant mild aching pain in his right upper arm and shoulder and both knees and because the pain in his shoulder was unfamiliar, we did indeed ask our GP to check it out (much better than worrying) and we would rather know up front than take any chances.

Xrays came back Osteoarthritis in his rotator cuff and both knees. You don't want to worry for nothing but you don't want to take any chances either when it is treatable.

Sandy

Thanks loads guys, you are all the best. I have been fretting about it for awhile, but put it off to exercise and knitting alot. I will make an appointment to see my PCP and get an X-ray. You are all right in better safe than sorry. I think deep down in the worry spot I know that is what I need to do, but at the same time didn't want to be a willy nilly worrier. I have a very cool PCP and he will have no problem with getting me in for a X-ray. I would not think of not coming back here to let my "family" know what the doc says. I keep re-reading that last line and hope I wrote it right, this place is second to my husband in getting the information. He is my rock, but Lungevity and you all are my foundation.

Love to all

Sarah

Hi Sarah,Ever since I have had my surgery I get a pain in my upper left arm like someone has just punched me in the arm (like we used to do as kids) of course the worst things always come to mind. But nothing has ever showed up on my scans or xrays. Hopefully yours is nothing but I would at least call your oncos nurse and leave a message with her so they can decide if it should be checked out.