Christmas Gift

jean44

I struggled with whether to put this in the test results or good news. The good news prevailed. :) Thom went to have his fourth chemo treatment yesterday and to get his scan results. He had a brain MRI which showed that the two spots that were there are now totally gone. His scan showed that the lympth node, mass in his chest, and the mass on his adrenal gland all had more than a 50% reduction in size! We are absolutely thrilled. While we have a ways to go, we are off to a good start. The doctor was thrilled as well with the results stating that this is what they strive for but don't always achieve. So Merry Christmas to us! Yesterday was also our daughter's 28th birthday. She told her Dad this was the best gift he could have given her. :) Besides the chemo, I believe our hope, positive thinking, prayers and faith in God have gotten us this far. Happy Holidays to everyone! :)

Jean

Hi Jean. That is certainly very good news and you picked the right place to post! Good news is a gift to your family as well as to all of us here. We love to hear success stories as they give us all needed hope. Continued best wishes and a happy holiday season to you and your family.

Sandra

Thanks for your kind respsonses! While we are elated about Thom's news, I also wanted to post his results to offer hope to others diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer. The first Oncologist offered Thom no hope or encouragement. Once we went for the second opinion and heard the word "hope", we were hooked. Thom has a fighting spirit and I believe with with medical staff we have in place he will do great! There is ALWAYS hope. Happy Holidays everyone!

Jean